• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hammonje

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    I wanted to create a thread to let everyone know what is happening with the lawsuit that SEI filed against me. It has been very difficult for me not to air my personal feelings and anger by all of this, but please understand that there is only so much I can say (on the advice of my attorney and with the knowledge that SEI’s lawyers are monitoring everything posted on this and other forums).

As I previously posted, SEI sued me in Arizona federal court for alleged product disparagement due to comments I made on the M14TFL forum while waiting for SEI to deliver several receivers that I had on order. I retained an attorney, and just recently he filed a motion to dismiss SEI’s case against me (links to all the documents are below). I wish I could discuss the documents with you and the reasons for dismissal raised by my attorney, but like I said, anything I say here will likely be read by SEI’s lawyers and potentially used against me in the lawsuit.

I will be posting the motion to dismiss on other forums that I visit – if you want to do the same, or to link to this website, you’re definitely free to do so (all of these documents are publicly available). I will keep everyone updated on SEI’s response and all further court filings.

I’m sorry for any distraction caused by this situation, but I feel strongly that this is an issue that should be openly discussed. Thank you everyone for your support and consideration while I deal with this.

SEI Complaint filed in Arizona District Court: 08/28/13
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0XyOXhO5LcXS2lwWERPNi1fd3c/edit?usp=sharing

Main Dismissal Motion: 09/30/13
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0XyOXhO5LcXa3ZuSjM3bnI4cTQ/edit?usp=sharing

Supporting Document (letter from SEI’s attorney) for motion reference:
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0XyOXhO5LcXSEIxd0Z1OFRGcDA/edit?usp=sharing

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Wait a tick...

So, some guy posted negative comments on an internet forum about SEI, and SEI proceeds to get butthurt and sue the dude like a bunch of whiny preschoolers. "Mommy, he called me names!" :rolleyes:

I think Yeager should make a Youtube video about this... just to clear things up.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Who the hell is SEI, and why would I want to patronize such a business?

After seeing their actions in dealing with this situation, I don't know why anyone would want to do business with them.

NOTE TO SEI EXECUTIVES (who are probably reading this): Who gives a crap about what people say on the interwebs. Put out a quality product and stand behind your product and let your product speak for itself. Acting like a child has likely lost you more business than something that one guy said on an internet forum.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Smith is wanting to know everyone's real identity so they can start suing you negative nabobs as well.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Can you imagine if the car companies started suing everyone that has bad mouthed them on the internet? I know I would be in some serious trouble.

Rhoadmar

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    The farm
    After reading all the posts I think #84 has a good grasp situation.
    Just to be clear.
    1. People paid money
    2. People were given a date to expect product.
    3. Date kept changing with no explanation, but people were patient.
    4. People finally ask why.
    5. People are ignored.
    6. People get concerned because they are ignored.
    7. People speculate because the question is ignored.
    8. SEI gets pissed at people because customers talk to each other because SEI won't talk to them.
    9. SEI blames the customer
    10. SEI threatens lawsuit because they dislike the conversation they have chosen not to be a part of.
    11. SEI says, "We don't want your business"

indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    Can you imagine if the car companies started suing everyone that has bad mouthed them on the internet? I know I would be in some serious trouble.

Screw the car companies; other gun makers.

Hell Glock could stop making guns, and just go after haters. So could Kel-Tec, Diamond Back, High-Point. Notice I refused to put Glock in the same sentence as the others. If I did do that, Glock should sue the hell out of me. That is defamation my friend.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    But it says right in the compaint, "SEI's M14 receivers are highly sought after because they are the only M14 receivers that replicate all aspects of the original military receivers and because the quality cannot be beat", so you know they're good.

Page 2 line 26

THE QUALITY CANNOT BE BEAT!!! So come on down to SEI and get your M14 receivers before they're gone.

izpzQJw.jpg

I'm serious. I've got another guy coming in today at 3:30 who says he wants them all. I can't guarantee they'll be here tomorrow. I want to put you into one of these receivers today!

Top Bottom