• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joncon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 30, 2013
    Bartholomew County
    I had cataract surgery about 10 years ago, and had corrective lenses put in. My wife also had the same surgery. Neither of us has had any problems with the lenses. Both had surgery at Pankratz Eye in Columbus. My niece had Lasik in California several years ago and had no trouble, although she need to wear glasses again .

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I had cataract surgery about 10 years ago, and had corrective lenses put in. My wife also had the same surgery. Neither of us has had any problems with the lenses. Both had surgery at Pankratz Eye in Columbus. My niece had Lasik in California several years ago and had no trouble, although she need to wear glasses again .
    I had Lasik in 2012 and had to wear readers immediately. Then the eyes changed and I had to get glasses for distance as well.

How long, if you remember, did it take before your eyes settled in with lens replacement?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I started out with 20/20 vision, and kept it until well into my 40s. One day I noticed that with my right eye, straight, continuous lines (think overhead power lines) had breaks in them (------_____, literally). Seems my right eye was growing new blood vessels behind the retina. Doc recommends a series of injections to slow/stop the growth; IIRC, I had 13 in total. Well, it mostly stopped the blood vessel growth, but did not correct my vision. Soooo... he orders some sort of laser surgery on the retina, of which the results ultimately were a detached retina. That caused an emergency complete vitrectomy (look it up, gross!) of my right eye. That saved my peripheral vision in my right eye, but central vision is gone. I am still Snellen 20/20 in my left eye. My right eye is 20/400, with absolutely no central vision at all. Looking back, the broken power lines were nothing compared to being essentially blind in my right eye. I was losing the sight in my right eye. With a boatload of medical interventions, I lost the sight in my right eye, and thousands of dollars, too. Be careful.

Thanks for your story. I'm sorry that happened to you, but it helps me realize that my middle-aged focusing issues are nothing compared to possible worse problems that could happen with surgery.

I've had family and friends around me that have had corrective lens/cataract surgery successfully, but I'm skeptical. At the same time, I've put up with readers for 20+ years. Readers are a PIA, but...

:dunno:

joncon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 30, 2013
    Bartholomew County
    Our vison was better immediately. I went from needing +2 cheater glasses to reading a newspaper without glasses the same day. Surgeon told us to not focus on reading or on computer for a few days. Maybe we were lucky. I had a couple of friends who had it done without problems.
    How long, if you remember, did it take before your eyes settled in with lens replacement?

Top Bottom