NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    Man I had a crazy dream last night. I and a bunch of other people were at a friend's brother's house, though it was out in the country and in a more secluded and heavily wooded area. It was night and the property was attacked by some sort of military contractors. They showed up on trucks, but there was one truck that had this weird mounted gun called a "Vortex Rifle". It was longer than a 20mm Solothurn and I believe it shot a super concentrated column of wind.

They started suppressing everyone and anyone standing in front of this thing for more than three second were getting body parts ripped off. At one point a burst was fired in our general direction. It was like warm blast of wind so strong it blew us from our feet and was nearly sweeping us away despite being us being over a mile away. I can't really describe the sound this thing made. It honestly felt like I was running from a really hungry big cat.

We finally left the property and were going south on some sort of highway while the PMC's chased. We weren't really defenseless as were firing back with AR's, but then the truck with that Vortex gun caught up. I remember (I can still feel it as I type) my stomach lurching anticipating that feeling of a warm torrent of wind to start ripping us apart. However somehow that truck exploded (it hit a mine, or someone threw a grenade, I don't know), and I remember feeling such relief I was almost ecstatic. I don't really remember how the dream ends after that.

The thing that stood out to me the most was how mortally afraid I was of that gun. I just remember thinking how much I just wanted to be far away from that thing. I'd imagine anyone who has been on the receiving of an A-10 probably felt the same way.

Ugh, sometimes I hate having emergent, vivid, and semi lucid dreams.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    PSA NIPSCO RATE HIKE

OPEN PUBLIC COMMENT
    won't do you any good.

Dear Neighbors,

The Northern Indiana Public Service Company (NIPSCO) has recently filed an electric rate case. NIPSCO’s request would raise the flat monthly connection charge for each residential customer from $14.00 to $25.00. The volumetric portion of the bill would also increase. The utility’s testimony and exhibits project that an average monthly residential electric bill would rise to $166.90 for customers using 714 kWh and to $223.61 for customers using 1,000 kWh when new rates are fully implemented in March 2025.

In a recent press release, NIPSCO announced a public written comment period open to consumers to submit their comments on the rate increase that will be on the official case record.

Since NIPSCO covers our district, I encourage anyone who wishes to share their thoughts, questions and concerns with the Office of Utility Consumer Counselor (OUCC) to submit their written comments.

Consumers who wish to submit comments for the case record may do so via the OUCC's website at www.in.gov/oucc/2361.htm or by mail at:

Public Comments

Indiana Office of Utility Consumer Counselor (OUCC)

115 W. Washington St., Suite 1500 SOUTH

Indianapolis, IN 46204

Please note that all comments should include: the consumer's name, city, zip code, and reference to either "IURC Cause No. 46120" or "NIPSCO Electric Rates."

The OUCC needs to receive all written comments no later than Thursday, Dec. 12, 2024. If you have any questions about commenting, contact the OUCC's consumer services staff at 1-888-441-2494.

To stay informed on any case updates, visit www.in.gov/oucc/electric/key-cases-by-utility/nipsco-electric-rates/nipsco-electric-rate-case/.

As always, if you have questions, concerns, or feedback, please reach out to my legislative office at 317-239-9041 or H1@iga.in.gov.
    NIPSCO literally put about $500,000 into RMSGS and Michigan City generating stations for pollution control 2 years before they decided to shut them down. Coal is a major cost for NIPSCO. Since they built all these solar farms and get their green energy from western wind farms, and are closing the last of their coal fired plant, they should be lowering their price substantially in my opinion.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    NIPSCO literally put about $500,000 into RMSGS and Michigan City generating stations for pollution control 2 years before they decided to shut them down. Coal is a major cost for NIPSCO. Since they built all these solar farms and get their green energy from western wind farms, and are closing the last of their coal fired plant, they should be lowering their price substantially in my opinion.
    Green is more expensive,

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Man I had a crazy dream last night. I and a bunch of other people were at a friend's brother's house, though it was out in the country and in a more secluded and heavily wooded area. It was night and the property was attacked by some sort of military contractors. They showed up on trucks, but there was one truck that had this weird mounted gun called a "Vortex Rifle". It was longer than a 20mm Solothurn and I believe it shot a super concentrated column of wind.

They started suppressing everyone and anyone standing in front of this thing for more than three second were getting body parts ripped off. At one point a burst was fired in our general direction. It was like warm blast of wind so strong it blew us from our feet and was nearly sweeping us away despite being us being over a mile away. I can't really describe the sound this thing made. It honestly felt like I was running from a really hungry big cat.

We finally left the property and were going south on some sort of highway while the PMC's chased. We weren't really defenseless as were firing back with AR's, but then the truck with that Vortex gun caught up. I remember (I can still feel it as I type) my stomach lurching anticipating that feeling of a warm torrent of wind to start ripping us apart. However somehow that truck exploded (it hit a mine, or someone threw a grenade, I don't know), and I remember feeling such relief I was almost ecstatic. I don't really remember how the dream ends after that.

The thing that stood out to me the most was how mortally afraid I was of that gun. I just remember thinking how much I just wanted to be far away from that thing. I'd imagine anyone who has been on the receiving of an A-10 probably felt the same way.

Ugh, sometimes I hate having emergent, vivid, and semi lucid dreams.
    I worry about you sometimes

ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    I was talking about my dream to my co-worker, and this lead to a discussion of how different it is to experience fear from watching a scary movie, playing a scary game, going to a scream park vs. actually being mortally afraid. Even though that was a dream, I wasn't aware of it at the time, and due to having vivid dreams, it felt very real. Outside of dreams, I've felt that fight or flight feeling only a handful of times.

I've experienced it enough to know there is a distinct difference between seeing it and living it. Your body does weird things (more specifically won't allow you to do certain things). One 4th of July I was watching my cousin load and daisy chain a few mortars. The idiot had loaded several tubes with the wrong shell and most went off in their tubes. I remember turning to run away and as I was running sparks and colored flames shot past me to the left within a foot or so. I just ran for cover while involuntarily ducking as I tried to make myself as small a target as possible. A lot of it felt very instinctual. It was as if my back was against a rock ceiling in that moment, as if I couldn't physically straighten even if I really wanted to.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Costs of EVERYTHING has gone up.
    Anyone remember inflation?

Blame the current 'administration', and the last.. on their covid responses, and they stated... "you only care about the economy".
    Well... here's what happens when people don't work, but get sent money.

Top Bottom