• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    I'm switching back to dos. Ever since I installed Chrome to relieve security issues with IE, I've had to work around things I was used to. Most of my web pages have no back arrow. If you click the tiny site icon on the top left you get a menu that lets you copy, paste, reload, go back, etc. That's 2 clicks to do what one did. I tried fixing this to no real avail. Now I'm using ctl R and backspace to do these things. Happier I am.:cool:

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    To this day I still install a 360K 5.25 drive in every desktop system I set up, I guess in the off chance I want to boot to DOS 2.11. Gets me to wondering if the floppies are still readable.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don't like Chrome either. I only installed it because of IE security issues too, and because Firefox doesn't play well with my credit union's website. At least Firefox maintained a pretty "Explorer-like" user interface that is familiar (and works). I'm thankful I only have to get to one site on Chrome.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Nobody else still uses those old AOL internet disks?

A while back, I was helping my mom with some stuff and realized that AOL was still taking 29.95 out of her bank account for dial-up service. My dad had set it up and she never used it, and when he died she didn't know what it was until she asked me, like three years later. We called the bank and canceled the charge, we never heard from AOL.

I told my mom, I'm pretty sure it got mentioned at the weekly AOL Shareholders meeting that they finally lost the last dial-up account.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I have a single sided disk of compaq dos 1.01 in the archives along with lotus version 1 and word perfect.

Of course I do nOT want to go back in time. After 1995 everything changed.

i have to do something soon
    I have two weeks left on windows XP.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Oh, I have versions before and after; 2.11 is just the one I spent the most time in, back in 84, 85 on my Zenith 151... I go back to before anybody had even a fake OS for micros, wiring up Z80 systems on the breadboard and programming them with dipswitches. 256 bytes of RAM, baby!

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I keep my commodore pet with 8k of ram at my old bedroom at mom and dads. Looks just like something from star
    trek. It still works. Z80's been there done that. One whole summer mowing lawns to by an IBM XT with 10 meg hard drive and color monitor. Over 3k which in hind sight should have been spent on guns. Full auto guns to be pre 1986 specific.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    All the different browsers are a PIA. Most of the sites are formatted for use with IE. That means I have to have 3 different browsers loaded to deal with the deficiencies this creates. I have one site that only works properly with Chrome. I have one site that only works with Safari. Maybe someday everyone will get their heads out of their rears and realize that the world does not revolve around Microsoft.

Ruger-9mm

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2014
    Out and about
    Funny, I never have any issues with Chrome, other than big brother Google, which is why I have a thowaway Gmail account I use for it. Firefox never does things the way I want, and it's a pain to have to set up syncing my bookmarks across all of my devices when Chrome does it by default. If Safari was still made for Windows, I'd jump to that in a hearbeat.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    All the different browsers are a PIA. Most of the sites are formatted for use with IE. That means I have to have 3 different browsers loaded to deal with the deficiencies this creates. I have one site that only works properly with Chrome. I have one site that only works with Safari. Maybe someday everyone will get their heads out of their rears and realize that the world does not revolve around Microsoft.
    The real estate industry is horrible about this.

Top Bottom