• ...and so much more!
  • Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Been running Opera for years, but I refuse to update (note I don't say upgrade) past 12.xx. It was the most prominent one available that would run under both windoze and linux when I started doing the penguin thing. It's rarely failed me, but when it does, Firefox picks right up. Netscape (my previous browser) died pretty quickly at the same time. It's possible to have Opera spoof ignorance exploiter for sites that are just so stoopid they card you up front, and generally renders the sites properly unless they've been purposely crippled for IE. Been trying out SRWare Iron, which is Chrome without Google watching your every move.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Man, I remember networking my overclocked (6.48MHz!) 8088 Z151 with my 386/20 over RS232 once I had that bigtime 1200 bps phone modem to download pr0n! Man, I had about 100MB of disk space; that was gonna last for years!

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Oh, the memories come flooding back! Horrors! I remember typing EX E024 on the ADM3 attached to the IMSAI 8080 to get it to run the code I'd entered via the front panel switches. Stop/reset/run came in handy, lemme tell ya.

Top Bottom