• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    great! if drugs were legal though they wouldnt go rob to get their fix. common sense for not pressing charges. anything else would have been injustice.

Right... Because if anything would improve a drug addict's ability to hold a job and be financially secure it's easy access to cheap drugs.

*sigh*

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    This vid is a wake-up call for me. All those times in training that the instructors say "scan for other threats", "wolves run in packs," etc.- Right on.

+1 to the armed citizen, perfectly handled. Non-lethal until disparity of force; rounds enough to stop the threat. Excellent.

Edit: Another wake-up call. Need to train more for threats about 1 foot away instead of 21 feet.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Making drugs legal wouldn't stop dumb***es like this from trying to beat and rob people, but it would prevent a LOT of OTHER people from going to prison for doing nothing more than having something on them that some people don't like.

rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon
    "the gun was a glock model 36. carrying with one in the chamber probably saved my life because i was holding myself in the car with my left hand as they were trying to pull me out of the car no way i could have racked the slide."

His post from the Ohio CCW forum. This answers the "Should I carry it chambered" question.

Good shot on his part. I would like to think I would go to gun a little faster, but who knows how I would react when actually facing a situation.

Last edited:

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    To the OP..thanks for posting that. Good stuff everyone should think about.

To the typical thinking radical one/ones, are you kidding on the drug legalization thing?!! Could a properly thinking mind really think that way? No it could not. Good grief!!

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    +1 to the armed citizen, perfectly handled. Non-lethal until disparity of force; rounds enough to stop the threat. Excellent.

Do you say this because he didn't use the gun until there were 2 attackers instead of 1?

couldn't be much more clear cut self defense to me. He escalated the situation only when needed he tried to fight fair and didn't pull till it was two on one.

Is disparity of force a legal concept in Ohio? Or is this more of a CYA philosophy? I certainly have no interest in fighting fair, if not legally required to.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    "the gun was a glock model 36. carrying with one in the chamber probably saved my life because i was holding myself in the car with my left hand as they were trying to pull me out of the car no way i could have racked the slide."

His post from the Ohio CCW forum. This answers the "Should I carry it chambered" question.

Good shot on his part. I would like to think I would go to gun a little faster, but who knows how I would react when actually facing a situation.

Not having it chambered would be like spotting the other guy a couple of strokes in a golf game with your life as the prize. No thanks.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    thugs

I used to pump gas at a station in a bad neighborhood south of Chicago. Heroine was the drug then, and junkies were a problem. A man came up to me after dark while I was filling a customers car and showed a knife. I sprayed him with the gas hose and got my zippo ready. When he saw the lighter, he decided not to esculate. He must not have been that high, he made a good decision. The station did get vandalized that night. Only banks had security cameras back then so I am not sure it was him. I get so tired of unproductive people trying to take whatever they want from those who are civilized.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Way to go Ohio for seeing this right. The guys ltch paid for itself. You just never know anymore. Especially if they're high on crack or meth.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Even if drugs were legal they would still rob to get the money. Making drugs legal would not solve the problem one bit.

:dunno:

How often do you hear about people robbing others to pay for their beer or cigarette habits compared to their crack habit?

Besides, legalization wouldn't just minimize the violence caused by the user in supporting his habit. It would be of far greater use in minimizing the violence between the dealers with the attendant loss of innocent by-standers lives (or even eliminating it - when was the last time you ever heard of a gang shootout over territory in which to sell Pabst or Schlitz?) & the high cost of associated medical treatment & the costs to the justice system from our wonderful "war on (some) drugs".

Comp

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2009
    T H I N
    This almost same event happened to me tonight at walmart. Luckly It went down a little safer and diffrent

Top Bottom