• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thej27

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    I am waiting for a political cartoon showing Kerry or Obama signing the treaty with one hand while handing a rifle to a so called 'freedom fighter' with the other.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Contact your Senators ASAP via Phone, Email, fax and letter. Tell all of your freedom loving friends to do the same. Now is the time for action!

Viper1973

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    These 'demonic rats' (aka. Democrats) need to be thrown out of office. I've never seen a group of individuals so hell-bent on doing everything they possibly can to trample all over the Bill of Rights!

Tactical Flannel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    West Central Indiana
    This is total nonsense. "total ban on hand guns and confiscation - the disarming of America"? Ruhly? Show me where in the Treaty it states that, or that the Treaty can, IN ANY WAY, enforce domestic control on firearms. If you read the article:

"U.N. Arms Trade Treaty regulating the $70 billion international conventional arms business"
    "The treaty recognizes and protects the freedom of both individuals and states to obtain, possess and use arms for legitimate purposes,"
    "It merely helps other countries create and enforce the kind of strict national export controls the United States has had in place for decades, which haven't diminished one iota the ability of Americans to enjoy their rights under our Constitution." (can you say ITAR/EAR?)
    "The U.N. Office for Disarmament Affairs has said the treaty would not "interfere with the domestic arms trade and the way a country regulates civilian possession."

It is control of international export and trade. You (the plural) need to stop drinking the NRA Fear Kool-Aid.

Perhaps I'm not remembering my business course very well, but this would seem to me to effect supply and demand, open an additional potential to both international and a national bureaucracies that will charge a tax/fee to ensure compliance, prevent such things as WWII surplus military arms from moving from one country to another and potentially create monopolies. As well as having the non-elected UN corruption eventually work its way into the process.
    Now potentially ammunition used for 'legitament' purposes by the citizens of the United States will have to be monitored by the treaty, correct? Doesn't the treaty look at end users of the regulated items?

Stay safe.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Listen carefully. I said Obama - if you listen carefully - told you his intention in his speach regarding the Navy Yard shootings. His intention, "as was done in Austrailia and as was done in the UK", is for an American transformation of that kind. The signing of this treaty, in my humble opinion, is part of that intention in that it opens the door to outside influence on domestic policy with regard to firearms. Pushing for more gun control in all it's forms are all part of this administrations intentions. This particular treaty has no deadline - it's there forever - it may be added or amended along the way - it opens the door and adds another tool to the dismantling toolbox.

International conventional arms is a huge part of domestic firearms use and purchase here.
    "Legitimate purposes" means what ever the enforcers decide it means.
    Russia and China are the largest suppliers of these arms in the international community - they're not signing.
    The UN Office for Disarmament Affairs can say anything they want - what's written and how it's interpreted is the rub.

You're wasting your breath with this one.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Listen carefully. I said Obama - if you listen carefully - told you his intention in his speach regarding the Navy Yard shootings. His intention, "as was done in Austrailia and as was done in the UK", is for an American transformation of that kind. The signing of this treaty, in my humble opinion, is part of that intention in that it opens the door to outside influence on domestic policy with regard to firearms. Pushing for more gun control in all it's forms are all part of this administrations intentions. This particular treaty has no deadline - it's there forever - it may be added or amended along the way - it opens the door and adds another tool to the dismantling toolbox.

And don't forget that idiot Brit who said that he sees gun murders in the US as a "quasi civil war" situation that is far out of control and necessitates the international community take action.

American gun use is out of control. Shouldn't the world intervene? | Henry Porter | Comment is free | The Observer

But what if we no longer thought of this as just a problem for America and, instead, viewed it as an international humanitarian crisis – a quasi civil war, if you like, that calls for outside intervention? As citizens of the world, perhaps we should demand an end to the unimaginable suffering of victims and their families – the maiming and killing of children – just as America does in every new civil conflict around the globe.The annual toll from firearms in the US is running at 32,000 deaths and climbing, even though the general crime rate is on a downward path (it is 40% lower than in 1980). If this perennial slaughter doesn't qualify for intercession by the UN and all relevant NGOs, it is hard to know what does.

What happened in Australia is exactly what the Democrats and the UN want to happen here: A tragedy that pushes the government to outlaw weapons and destroy them.

http://www.policymic.com/articles/2...he-u-s-here-is-how-we-get-that-number-to-zero

Streak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    These 'demonic rats' (aka. Democrats) need to be thrown out of office. I've never seen a group of individuals so hell-bent on doing everything they possibly can to trample all over the Bill of Rights!

This treaty does nothing to the 2nd Amendment.

If you guys care about being civil, facts, and understanding things then you'll read this.

If you like to listen to unsubstantiated claims, lies, and a total lack of understanding then you won't. I'm not saying to like the treaty, I'm just saying that taking away the 2nd Amendment is not what this treaty will do.

Streak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Again, ammo just got a lot more expensive.
    Regulations give the statists a hard on.

Because ammo makers/sellers are fine, upstanding folk who care not for profit?

They're playing the ammo buying sheep and sucking down the profits. Meanwhile those of us who don't have the spare cash to go out and buy 15 tons of ammo get to suffer so those of you with more ammo than you'll ever shoot in your lifetime horde it all and artificially inflate the price for the rest of us. Just because you hear the words "Obama" and "Guns" in the same sentence doesn't mean you need to run out and buy everything, everywhere. I'm ****ing tired of cutting off fingers, kidneys, and testicles to buy a ******* box of 9mm.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Yes Steak, it does not take away the second amendment, it just will make ammo more expensive if they ban importation based on the treaty.

Of course, regardless as to the true outcome, the desired effect will be another run on ammo which will drive prices up higher.

And with the cost of obama-care, will we be able to afford even "affordable" ammo?

Streak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Yes Steak, it does not take away the second amendment, it just will make ammo more expensive if they ban importation based on the treaty.

Of course, regardless as to the true outcome, the desired effect will be another run on ammo which will drive prices up higher.

And with the cost of obama-care, will we be able to afford even "affordable" ammo?

No where does the treaty ban importation of ammo AND there are plenty of American ammo makes out there, in fact I think most of the "big boys" are American made. Ammo runs are just fear mongers driving up the price so they can dump their stocks at a much higher rate and laugh all the way to the bank.

Top Bottom