• Status
    Not open for further replies.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Joe...

Is your S&W 58 some kind of conversion? It would be relatively easy (if not preventatively expensive) to swap out barrel and cylinder if someone really had their heart set on a .45acp revolver rather than the much more valuable service model .41 Mag they already had.

The model 58s were a favorite for customization back in the day. 41 mag was never a popular cartridge, but it's always had a cult like following. This one was customized as a carry piece way back when, by someone who had a pretty decent head on their shoulders. It has a 4inch barrel with shrouded ejector, the frame is cut down to accept k-frame round butt grips, it's cut for moon clips and I am of the opinion that it had at one time a companion cylinder for 45 colt. The model 58 was one of the only N-frame revolvers with fixed sights making it desirable for a smoother draw. And the trigger after I cleaned the gunk out of it is one of the smoothest and lightest I've ever messed with. Matt at Front Toward Enemy measured the single action pull at 2.8lbs. Today I would never think of doing something like that to a 58, but since it came this way, I'm going to enjoy the fruits of somebody's labor.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Shotgun:
    VEPR 12 12 gauge (will have some ammo)

Looking forward to checking out the VEPR! Since it seems this one isn't coming

Hopefully I'll be able to make this one.

And hopefully this will be making an appearance.........:rockwoot:

vepr12.jpg

Shipping Rifles : Vepr 12 Russian Shotgun Pre-Order

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...lot_vepr_12_12ga_shotgun_lnib.html?highlight=

:ingo:

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Track me down so I can get some good pics for you of your first shots. :ingo:

I will have to track you down as well. Turns out the entire time my fiance was here last time, you got the only picture of us together. So, need to try and get some more taken again, hahaha. Neither of us are good at taking them, and yours was a perfect shot. Thanks

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    Somewhat late notice, but, we will have the mythical andy219's DE50 and S&W 500 with us. If you want to shoot them, bring ammo. I'm guessing factory brass only, waiting on confirmation from Andy himself.

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    I will going and ill have a remington model 11 auto 12g. Basicly a browning a5 built on licence by remington.
    Ill also have a fm hi power 9mm, marlin 60 22lr and my newly built AR 556. most likely the remington police 12g as well.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I'm adding to the list of guns coming... at Xtasee's request...

Remington 870 Tactical 12 guage pump bring ammo
    Mossberg 500 12 guage pump (old school, single bar Police trade in ) bring ammo
    Benelli Nova 3 1/2 inch tactical 12 guage pump Bring ammo

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Somewhat late notice, but, we will have the mythical andy219's DE50 and S&W 500 with us. If you want to shoot them, bring ammo. I'm guessing factory brass only, waiting on confirmation from Andy himself.

As long as its the right size ammo, you can use it. Factory, reloads or rolls of quarters... Just no scratching your, ummm, "delicates" so to say.

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    The model 58s were a favorite for customization back in the day. 41 mag was never a popular cartridge, but it's always had a cult like following. This one was customized as a carry piece way back when, by someone who had a pretty decent head on their shoulders. It has a 4inch barrel with shrouded ejector, the frame is cut down to accept k-frame round butt grips, it's cut for moon clips and I am of the opinion that it had at one time a companion cylinder for 45 colt. The model 58 was one of the only N-frame revolvers with fixed sights making it desirable for a smoother draw. And the trigger after I cleaned the gunk out of it is one of the smoothest and lightest I've ever messed with. Matt at Front Toward Enemy measured the single action pull at 2.8lbs. Today I would never think of doing something like that to a 58, but since it came this way, I'm going to enjoy the fruits of somebody's labor.

Sounds like a winner, brother. A very interesting piece you have there. I would love to take a closer look some time.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    I will have to track you down as well. Turns out the entire time my fiance was here last time, you got the only picture of us together. So, need to try and get some more taken again, hahaha. Neither of us are good at taking them, and yours was a perfect shot. Thanks

Which month was it?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom