• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jb28

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    It was authentic, it was an emotional roller coaster. If you or someone you know have served our country then you know what I mean. Me and my son thouroughly enjoyed the flic.The place was packed, among us were quite a few "actives". When it was over and the lights came on, everyone clapped and cheered. I admit they weren't the best actors, but that's not what they are, they are warriors, and they scenes were as real as you can get. God bless our troops!:patriot:

The Glockantuan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2012
    I would enlist in the Navy today thanks to this movie...however my fiance feels different. Probably for the best too, because I doubt I'd have the mentality to push myself to those lengths. :patriot::ar15:

Indyal

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
    George Orwell

Tin Cup

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    Michiana
    Saw it tonight. I liked it. Didn't seem to me that the acting was bad, more like it was casual real conversation. And some of the dialoge was quite funny.

jb28

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    For the guys who took kids, anything that would upset a 9 year old in it?
    Not much more than your average action movie or Call of Duty game. My friend brought his 9 year old nephew to the movie but he's into the above mentioned.

RBrianHarless

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Kokomo
    Was not interested in seeing this movie till I found out it was not a bunch of cheesy actors, who we find out later are anti-firearm, and that they were real SEALS. Awesome. It's about time Hollywood used real professionals instead of roid riddled idiots.

Time to get a ticket and some :popcorn:.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Went to see it today and really enjoyed it. I think that knowing that the actors were SEALs helped make it all the better, but the story and action were very good and the movie just flew right by.

Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    Saw it last night. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Wife was crying at the end and said that could be our oldest son someday. Kind of hit home. "Grandma" called and said she went to see it too! Said she wanted to see the stuff her grandson aspires to do. Yah, some of the dialogue is not the best, but that's not why we went. We were expecting to see real tactics, overwhelming firepower and head shots. That's what we got. Great movie, especially for a military family.

Dirty Steve

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Went to an early show of it today. What a great movie. This one will be bought and added to the collection.

As a side note, apparently the AMC in Bloomington has an issue with J-Frame Revolvers, Good thing I had my SR9c with me. ;)

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Saw it this afternoon with fellow INGOers akaindy and GunInfected1. Seeing how it's done by the guys who do it for real - shooting semi-auto aimed fire, mag changes, use of cover, communication, etc. - provided a stark contrast to how it's done by Hollyweird actors.

The script was good, cinematography and sound were excellent, and the acting wasn't bad for a bunch of trigger pullers. ;)

Last edited:

hondatech2k2

Shooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Greenwood
    I was extremely pleased with Act of Valor. Saw it Friday night, and needless to say left with a smile on my face and the sudden urge to kick down doors and shoot haji in the face.

Top Bottom