• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    It's been awhile since our last Inquisition, so let's have an easy one, shall we?

It's now the year 2010. Of all the people currently living on the planet, who's the one you want to meet the most and have a conversation with?

Difficulty: Why haven't you yet?

I'd like to meet Neil Armstrong. In all of the history of mankind and until the end of time, he will always be the first human being to have walked on the Moon. No one can ever take that away from him. He's currently around 80 years old, and likely does not have too many years ahead of him. I'd very much like the opportunity to take my daughter to visit with him, even if only for a few minutes to shake his hand. I'd like her to be able to tell her great-grandchildren 60-odd years hence: "I met the first man to walk on the Moon, and I shook the hand that shook the world."

Scutter01's Inquisitions

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    Stephen Hawking. I've always kind of had a thing for physics, and the man's a friggin genius. I'd love to ask him a few questions and just let him run with them. In a world where knowledge is power, Hawking is loaded for bear.

I haven't yet, because it doesn't seem that easy to book time with Stephen Hawking. He's pushing 70, though, so I'd better get on it.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    randy "the natural" couture. the man went to highschool with moses and he is still fighting. he is a true embassator to the sport of mma. he is a great role model to other fighters and kids

SKSnut

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    ??? what are you going on about:dunno::dunno::dunno: little bears and neil armstrong?? What about Smith and wesson?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    ??? what are you going on about:dunno::dunno::dunno: little bears and neil armstrong?? What about Smith and wesson?

Well, given that Horace Smith died in 1893 and Daniel Wesson in 1906, I'd say they don't really fit the criteria described in the scenario. Also, which little bears are you talking about?

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    randy "the natural" couture. the man went to highschool with moses and he is still fighting. he is a true embassator to the sport of mma. he is a great role model to other fighters and kids

i keep hoping one day redneckmedic or indygunworks will introduce me to chris "lightsout" lytle. i meet him once a few years back. im 100% sure he doesn't remember me. i didn't know who he was when i met him, all i knew was ive never been hit that hard in my life.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I have two ppl I would like to meet and they are Savage Eagle and Scutter01.

I want to meet them so I can learn half the :poop: they know just to get my post count up. You guys are the post whore kings.

you might want to try and meet sksnut. he has 20.42 posts per day compared to

scutters 16.6
    and savage eagles 18.33

i think we have a future post whore champ in the making here folks. just give him some time

SKSnut

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    you might want to try and meet sksnut. he has 20.42 posts per day compared to

scutters 16.6
    and savage eagles 18.33

i think we have a future post whore champ in the making here folks. just give him some time

jealous? i have tons of spare time:D

Last edited:

indianajoe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Fishers
    The first person who comes to mind is author Steven Pressfield (Steven Pressfield - Official Website). I've enjoyed his historical novels (Gates of Fire, Tides of War, The Afghan Campaign, The Virtues of War, Killing Rommel), and have given many of them as gifts. He's a fantastic writer, and I'm in awe of how he creates voice in his characters. Example: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/general_political_discussion/46616-favorite_quote-8.html#post743429. I'd like to spend a day in his office, sitting in the corner with a Black Eye, watching him work his keyboard.

Why haven't I met him yet? Guess I need to stalk a writer's conference. These Marines are finding their own way to connect to Pressfield:

photo_marines.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    I have two...Norman Schwartzkopf - I want to shake his hand for his leadership in Desert Storm AND I would love to ask him what he would have done differently if he could have finished that war on his terms.

Also, John Williams - composer of "Star Wars" and other great music.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Clint Eastwood, because everything he's ever done is cool, and I'd love to ask him what that was all about in the scene in Pale Rider where he's talking to the woman and you can hear that voice hollerin "preeeaaaccchhheeerrrr". If I ever get to meet him though, probably wouldn't be able to speak.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom