• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Situational awaness!! It pays to be alert anywhere even at home. Good job not adding fuel to the fire, Imight have not been so nice to someone physicaly tring to draw my gun away..
    A quality retention holster + that HKPC likely never having handled or holstered/unholstered a firearm makes the risk from her grabbing at it fairly low [not that it justifies it or alleviates it as an issue].

I can't say how I'd handle somebody grabbing for my weapon to make a point for certain... They'd probably very quickly find themselves moving backwards away from me without the ability to stop such movement for at least a couple of feet if I was unable to distance myself. [I.e. if I cannot move away, I would ensure that they did.]

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    At least in Starbucks, you probably wouldn't encounter many HKPCs, or generally anyone from the People of Walmart photo essay. So there's THAT.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    At least in Starbucks, you probably wouldn't encounter many HKPCs, or generally anyone from the People of Walmart photo essay. So there's THAT.

So... Shannon Watts or person of walmart; which is worse to have to be in a coffee shop with... discuss... :laugh:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    So... Shannon Watts or person of walmart; which is worse to have to be in a coffee shop with... discuss... :laugh:
    Is this one of those "deserted island" questions? Tough one!

I guess I'll take Watts. As obnoxious as she is online and in the media, I'm guessing she would be all quiet and just in a "huff" while I OC-ed both my coffee and handgun (and maybe a doughnut). HKPC would certainly kill my mocha vibe. Too much talking.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I think Shannon might make for a more interesting conversation. But it seems you've presented a false dichotomy. Are the odds that I'd be in a coffee shop with Shannon Watts or a person of walmart all that equal?

Doesn't matter though. I'm not likely to be in a coffee shop with either since I don't drink coffee. I was just :stickpoke:at GPIA7R anyway.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dude, I've had crazy people scream at me because the sky was blue.
    At night?

My prepared response is to look them in the eye and say in a monotone: "I am not of your world."
    OMG! I'm so stealing that idea.
    Before that, my preferred, prepared response would follow:
    I work security for a very important area family.
    Which one?
    My own.

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    There are no shortage of crazies in our world unfortunately. This is one reason I don't OC. To each his own but I don't like drawing attention to myself. I've been active military for 20 years and as proud as I am to wear the uniform it does lead to a lot of weird conversations with weird people. It makes you a target for these kind of people just like OC can.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Every Duncan donut is wired with cameras showing everything possible. YOu would have been covered by a camera showing exactly what happened. BUT the important thing is that if you get in an altercation such as that be one of the first to call 911 if you possibly can.

He who calls first usually wins.

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    +1 for keeping your cool and getting out of what sounds like a dangerous situation. I suspect drugs as well.

That was my guess as well. Something's off with her.

As an aside: "My Dad's a lawyer....I know what I'm talking about." If I ever hear my kids saying something that dumb, it's smackin' time.

Most likely the problem. She was never smacked or spanked or punished in any way. That's the kind of girl who cries about her parents buying her an SUV with a cloth interior (true story...my best friend's cousin). Guess what? She got a new one with leather the next year. I'm out.

dmonsche

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2013
    Never ceases to amaze me how potty-mouthed, trailer trash LITTLE GIRLS like to run their mouths when boyfriend is around. Even though I don't advocate hitting women there are some instances where you just wanna beat 'em like Ike beat Tina!
    If I had a dollar for every trashy hoodrat that did things like that I'd be a rich man. It's even better when the boyfriend looks at you and is like man this ***** is crazy.

Jammer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    my question is, when she tries for the gun, at what point do you put YOUR hand on it to control it (even if it is just palm on backstrap with all fingers extended)
    doesn't this raise the concerns to "he's going to draw"...type fear...or, some other idiot behind me thinking that taking control so neither of us have it is the correct play....
    as in driving, I'm confident of my own abilities, it's the other maniacs that scare the hell out of me

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Meanwhile, the guy in the back of the line who was IWB-ing kept his mouth shut and went on about his day with no meth-heads going all Hello Kitty on him...nobody at DD knows he carries, nobody at the Wallyworld knows he carries...but he's just as prepared to defend the innocent...

Should have probably gone to Starbucks...

The thread you are looking for is here:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/carry-issues-self-defense/71996-open-carry-argument.html

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    OCers are so stupid and dangerous that spoiled girls with no manners feel perfectly safe yelling at them and lunging for their weapon..

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Why did you bait her like that? :):

This story just proves what I've been saying all along - Chicks Are Nuts!

Top Bottom