Last edited:

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    :eek:

Busse & Bussekin don't do dealers anymore. So that's pry never gonna happen.

That's dumb. :laugh:

:+1:

I think they have maybe a handful that were dealers in the beginning. But they just sell direct now.

Used to in the past, I think Jerry got burned by a couple of them. I forget the details. I'm sure Flatlander, Paddlingman, or another long lime collector knows the stories better.

There are 2 dealers for Busse, one is Skunk who operated the Busse Company Store out in Idaho. The other is Mike Wood and he sets up at the 1500, Dayton, and Columbus shows. Josh (an employee for Busse) is starting to go to a few Ohio shows too.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Used to in the past, I think Jerry got burned by a couple of them. I forget the details. I'm sure Flatlander, Paddlingman, or another long lime collector knows the stories better.

There are 2 dealers for Busse, one is Skunk who operated the Busse Company Store out in Idaho. The other is Mike Wood and he sets up at the 1500, Dayton, and Columbus shows. Josh (an employee for Busse) is starting to go to a few Ohio shows too.

If he sets up at the Dayton Hara arena shows it has not been in the last 3 yrs. We used to do that show up till a few months back and he was never there. MAybe another Dayotn Ohio show That I am not aware of and there story of getting burned might have been true but there is a simple remedy to that. Make all vendors pay for their orders up front like all other companies do. A Credit card or a COD. I find it a lame excuse to limit how many vendors you want. Just my :twocents: and of course I would sell their product if I was allowed afterall I am in the business to sell knives.
    Snob is not in my name or in my game.:D

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Just checked, Josh sets up at the Bill Goodman show in Dayton, Mike does the 1500 and Columbus.

Busse also sets up at Knob Creek, Blade, and they have traveling shows, last one was in Alaska with one in Chicago, possibly Hawaii, Vegas, and several other shows still to come. That's part of the fun of it too. How many people drive hours on end to see the same Esee knives over and over again. Busse does special one offs, customs, show specials. It's part of the fun and it makes people want to attend the show becuase no one knows what will be there.

So, with as large as Busse has became, with all the shows they do and special events they hold, it really comes down to Busse doens't need dealers and the 2 they have are more than enough.

Also, Lionsteel came up to the Busse table at Blade last year looking to do a collaboration knife, Busse said thanks but no thanks. Jerry does things the way he wants to, and it's working out pretty good.

I have called a few times and was told they are not
    taking new vendors. :xmad:

Oh well I still have ESEE and others who are not snobs and love to have people selling their products.:D

Snob is not in my name or in my game.:D

Snob is a pretty strong word, and just to call them that just because they don't want to you sell their products.

Why aren't you a Grayman dealer then? Hinderer makes fixed blades. Dozier? Himalayan Imports? There are many other knife companies that you don't sell, yet Busse is the only company you call snobs.

Top Bottom