• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Just checked, Josh sets up at the Bill Goodman show in Dayton, Mike does the 1500 and Columbus.

Busse also sets up at Knob Creek, Blade, and they have traveling shows, last one was in Alaska with one in Chicago, possibly Hawaii, Vegas, and several other shows still to come. That's part of the fun of it too. How many people drive hours on end to see the same Esee knives over and over again. Busse does special one offs, customs, show specials. It's part of the fun and it makes people want to attend the show becuase no one knows what will be there.

So, with as large as Busse has became, with all the shows they do and special events they hold, it really comes down to Busse doens't need dealers and the 2 they have are more than enough.

Also, Lionsteel came up to the Busse table at Blade last year looking to do a collaboration knife, Busse said thanks but no thanks. Jerry does things the way he wants to, and it's working out pretty good.

Snob is a pretty strong word, and just to call them that just because they don't want to you sell their products.

Why aren't you a Grayman dealer then? Hinderer makes fixed blades. Dozier? Himalayan Imports? There are many other knife companies that you don't sell, yet Busse is the only company you call snobs.

I guess my cheezy grin did not affect your sense of humor at all after I used the term snobs. Please do not be so emotional and defensive jsut because you are a huge Busse fan.. There really is no need especially since it was not a personal attack to you. Funny how people do not get all defensive when they are called steel snobs. :dunno:
    I do not carry all of the others you mentioned as of Yet because for me I do not have many asking for it like some of the others. It is called what is in demand and yes Busse is in demand. I actually just talked to Jerry myself about 10 min ago and he is a stand up guy and I was asked to be put on a list of 1000 to sell his product. :( He says he cannot produce knives fast enough for the demand for all the vendors he could have. I understand that and I accept that a lot better than the stupid rumor of him getting burned in the past of which was the lame excuse I was told. I told him that rumor and he said well that it was that was just a stupid rumor.:yesway:

Special runs from any knife maker can be exciting and I think other companies besides Busse have a good fan base as well.

Last edited:

drbarnes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Kokomo
    The 911 looks awesome! Doesnt get any better than a resc chopper!

Looks alot like the extremely popular old school swamp rat battle rat.

Chris reeves sells fixed blades and i think we would all agree it doesnt get more snobbish than chris reeves

Himalayan imports makes the best khuks around, i own a few and would recommend hem to anyone looking for a khukri or large chopper

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Well, I thought I had decided on the Junglaus....Now I'm not so sure.

they are both great knives. made by great companies with some of the best warranties in the game. the one thing that esee has up on the 911 is it comes with a nice kydex sheath that is already set up for pack or belt carry. the 9-11 will still require you to spend a extra 35-45 bucks more on a sheath. on the other hand you get sr101 steel and....

I love me some sr101 :) it's a tough tough steel for sure has some great lateral strength and holds a great edge. this is a great knife for sure and I think I'll order one. and drbarnes I agree it looks a lot like the battle rat.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I guess my cheezy grin did not affect your sense of humor at all after I used the term snobs. Please do not be so emotional and defensive.

Sorry, you just use the words "Busse" and "snob" in the same sentences so much it's kind of hard to tell when you're joking.

As for the whole past dealer thing, that's why I said I'm sure someone else knows more than I do. Sometimes trying to find the history on some Busse knives and past dealings is like pulling teeth from a bird, and only a few people know the actual reason.

Anyway, I'm wondering how the 911 would be as a thrower?

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Sorry, you just use the words "Busse" and "snob" in the same sentences so much it's kind of hard to tell when you're joking.

As for the whole past dealer thing, that's why I said I'm sure someone else knows more than I do. Sometimes trying to find the history on some Busse knives and past dealings is like pulling teeth from a bird, and only a few people know the actual reason.

Anyway, I'm wondering how the 911 would be as a thrower?

No big deal Mark all is good.:D

drbarnes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Kokomo
    battle rat
    73b3acd7.jpg

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    whatttttt???????????? res-c is awesome stuff sir :) very comfy

I know, I know, :laugh:. For some reason, I can't convince myself that it will hold up. Even after owning an ancient Battle Rat that I bought abused from the previous owner, and tortured myself. I'm sold on micarta, probably because I think it's a little sexier :D

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I know, I know, :laugh:. For some reason, I can't convince myself that it will hold up. Even after owning an ancient Battle Rat that I bought abused from the previous owner, and tortured myself. I'm sold on micarta, probably because I think it's a little sexier :D

You could always remove the Res-C and grind/cut out your own custom Micarta handles :dunno:

Top Bottom