SCOTUS to hear Loper Bright Enterprises!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Cigars and bourbon tonight??

Just me, but I don't think we are done here.

We are really good about claiming victory. Then another tyrant ends up elected and we go through years of agency law making, until the legal process again corrects them.

The libs have no regard for the actual legality of their law making and will ignore it for as long as they can get away with it.

We won't be done until we remove the offending govt agencies from power.

:twocents:

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

We are really good about claiming victory. Then another tyrant ends up elected and we go through years of agency law making, until the legal process again corrects them.

But I have Woodford Reserve Double Oaked and a… note to self go get a Monte Cristo. :D

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

The libs have no regard for the actual legality of their law making and will ignore it for as long as they can get away with it.

I'm with you. Existing overreach isnt going away until somebody sues per ruling. They arent just going to say "aw shucks" and rip up their work. They'll continue to enforce them until somebody forces them to stop in court.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Yes, indeed, @Kirk Freeman -- my patience waiting for the SCOTUS Decision on Loper Bright and Relentless was well worth it, seeing Chevron Deference completely and utterly annihilated as I read the Decision Syllabus.

JAL (played by Harrison Ford) and Kirk Freeman (played by some random drunken vagrant who may be in the DIA, not sure) review the death of Chevron in the General's trailer:

1719598987417.png

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    This is the "Loper Bright" Decision we've been waiting for!

This puts significant limitations on Executive Agency Rulemaking which has been freewheeling -- reinforcing Agencies must make rules that have authority based on Constitution and/or Congressional Acts -- that they cannot do what they damned well please with the courts deferring to them and their interpretation.

Decision can be read here:
    https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/23pdf/22-451_7m58.pdf

6-3 Decision was split into the Usual Suspects with Sotomayor, Kagan, and KB Jackson dissenting.
    The 3 dissenting justices are lazy and no better than Congress for wanting to abdicate their duties to the administrivia state.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

The point is rules made by agencies are not laws. That is the whole point of this ruling.

They can make what ever rule they want, and now we can legally beat the crap out of them with the "law"

Top Bottom