• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeager361

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I am nearing the end of my first AR build. I am not sure what the best options are for scopes or other sight options. I am leaning towards going with a scope and back up iron sights. This is my first jump into shooting rifles so I know next to nothing about what to look for when selecting a scope.

My goal is to take the rifle to the range and work my way up to maybe 200 yds or so. I want to be able to shoot a little bit longer distances, but I am just a beginner, so I am not going to try to reach out to 1000 yds or anything like that.

Any input on what the best system to begin with would be much appreciated.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    There are so many options on the market a lot of times it gets over welming weeding threw them all.

I assume since your planning to run backup sights your wanting a cantilever QD mount. What price range are you looking at for the scope?

jeager361

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    As far as a price range is concerned, I haven't got a specific number in mind. I am sure you get what you pay for. Where does a $400 limit get me?

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    As far as a price range is concerned, I haven't got a specific number in mind. I am sure you get what you pay for. Where does a $400 limit get me?

400 dollars will get you where you want to be. It may shock you, but If I were doing what your describing I would put just as much in a mount as I would the scope. That way you can pop it on and off without effecting your zero.

Id probably go with this scope at 189 with BDC reticle
    Vortex Optics - Diamondback 2-7x35 Dead-Hold BDC

And this mount prices at 189
    American Defense MFG, LLC | Browse | Scope Mounts | AD-RECON Scope Mount

Top Bottom