• ...and so much more!
  • ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    A grand?! Why even spend $100?! You can get a 6-24x50 scope on amazon for $45 and it comes with rings. People just don't know how to find deals anymore I guess.
    I hope purple is implied here. Unless it's a scope for an old pellet rifle or .22, I would not feel comfortable with the cheapest scopes on Amazon to hold up to the recoil and bump'n and bang'n a rifle I'm trusting my life with. My Vortex Viper PST I got from Euro-Optic survived the abuse of being on an FAL platform and never lost it's ability to hold zero. Not sure a $45 scope could do that.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    If you have questions about his products give him a call. He will recommend a product for what you need. He saved me money with a refurbished magnifier that works great.

LokhXIV

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 8, 2023
    Fort Wayne
    I hope purple is implied here. Unless it's a scope for an old pellet rifle or .22, I would not feel comfortable with the cheapest scopes on Amazon to hold up to the recoil and bump'n and bang'n a rifle I'm trusting my life with. My Vortex Viper PST I got from Euro-Optic survived the abuse of being on an FAL platform and never lost it's ability to hold zero. Not sure a $45 scope could do that.
    It's definitely implied.

A good chunk of people I've talked to tend to go extreme either way. I usually base it around usage. I've got cheap scopes I bought for $300 and more expensive ones that cost 5x that. There's always a point of diminishing returns and you usually get what you pay for. At 100 yards you won't notice but even at 300 I can see a pretty big difference between the cheap and expensive ones in clarity.

I'll never knock anyone for buying a cheap scope if it does what they want it to. Now my buddy's scope that won't hold zero for more than 10 shots and comes loose every 2 to 3 rounds, he's gonna catch **** all day lol. I think it was that Gucci CVLife brand

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Another happy A&A customer here! good prices, knowledge, service, fast shipping.

eh, I've been ratcheting up the scope cost ladder. It's not just about distance, it's about how long you're looking through it, what you're shooting at, and what you're shooting with too. cheap scopes won't handle as much recoil, I've knocked reticles off before.

I remember when I got my first really nice scope, I shot through a cheaper one all day, two matches in a row, and had a headache from the eyestrain looking through it. Got home and had a box on my porch, opened it up, new leupold vx5hd, looked through it out the back door and OMG I CAN SEE EVERYTHING.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Lol. The last two scopes I have bought were about 500.00 each. I feel like I'm sluming buying them. I spent 3/4 of that on bases and rings for each rifle.
    Here's what one of those 34mm $475.00 Vortexs went on. A vintage 700 PSS DM in 300 WM shooting 30 yr old Federal Navy 190 MK's being pushed hard. It a Vortex Venom
    5 X 25 X 56 34 MM sitting in 6 screw alloy NF rings on a 40moa Steel NF Picatinny.
    We will see over the next few weeks if it hangs on.

20240721_153348.jpg

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    It's definitely implied.

A good chunk of people I've talked to tend to go extreme either way. I usually base it around usage. I've got cheap scopes I bought for $300 and more expensive ones that cost 5x that. There's always a point of diminishing returns and you usually get what you pay for. At 100 yards you won't notice but even at 300 I can see a pretty big difference between the cheap and expensive ones in clarity.

I'll never knock anyone for buying a cheap scope if it does what they want it to. Now my buddy's scope that won't hold zero for more than 10 shots and comes loose every 2 to 3 rounds, he's gonna catch **** all day lol. I think it was that Gucci CVLife brand
    Dude, you let me down. I was going to nominate your for INGO member of the week. i think it has been agreed to by most of the membership that generally the cheaper the gun or optic, the higher the quality.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    3 shots at an inch, factory ammo, forend screw at 15 in lbs.
    Prev was .75", dunno why it "opened up" to 1".
    Did clean the bbl and its now had 10 shots down it.
    Try again next weekend.
    Don't have much of the old wood print box ammo left.
    But I have about 80 cases to reload if I find some 55 Nosler BTs to try.
    Have old Sierras and my dads' load data.
    I'm not a Sierra fan LOL

12X is good for paper punching at 100yds but there's enough recoil w that B model .22-250 to lose the target in recoil.
    For chucking 10X still allows me to see hits inside of 150.
    Plus I can dial it down for an offhander (75 and in, if hurried).
    Ideally a 4-12X AO glossy would be cool, but they did those in the Vari XII/VX2 line.
    The III/3 are a little nicer looking.
    And a minty gloss one is stupid priced these days.

See what Big Louie says about the old 3.5-10X AO that pops originally had on this rifle.... if its fine as is, can be tuned up or is a paint stirrer.
    Its currently on my .22 lr and coming off tomorrow to send in for eval.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I would trust a $45 Amazon special scope with my life against any Fox Squirrel in Indiana. :hehe:

Top Bottom