• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redryder

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Evansville IN
    Got involed in gun carry discussion at the Mother Day get together with my niece. She is teacher at a grade school. She made the comment that she could not think of any reason why she would need or want to carry a gun at school. I had to bite my tongue. I was just wondering how many school shootings have there been and the names of the schools. I checked the Search and did not come up with the information I needed. Any help this appreciate.

Martinville
    Columbine
    VA tech
    UT?

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    According to John Lott, "All the attacks in the United States involving more than three people killed... they'll all taken place in gun-free zones, where civilians are not allowed to take guns."

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ8L7nqL1rs[/ame]

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Some folks think that if they close their eyes, all the bad stuff just goes away.

It's not that the bad stuff goes away it just that it's easier to "take it" when the bad stuff comes and takes you away if you close your eyes.

Just like if you are afraid of the dark, if you close your eyes it's not dark anymore so it's easier to take. :rolleyes:

Coaster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Brownsburg
    Several years ago an assistant band director at Pike H.S. was attacked by a group of students after school hours and was very nearly beaten to death. Had he been allowed his 2nd ammendment rights would results have been the same? Would the attack even have taken place? The only thing that I know for sure is that, as a teacher who was frequently in the building alone at night, I cannot exercise my "god given" rights while in the building or even on my way to or from school without risking a felony conviction. Also very interesting video by John Lott.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Pulled from a facebook comment conversation I had with a friend of a friend.

The original status, (as posted by my friend,)

"Theory on Gun Control: A woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose is somehow superior to a woman explaining to the police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."

The comment that started this was something like "I wouldn't ever want to attend a University that allowed students to carry guns. It wouldn't be safe."

My reply:

"Why not? Do you think those "No Guns" signs make you safer? Gun free zones.... because they worked so well at VA Tech, Arkansas State, North Illinois University, Louisiana Tech, University of Memphis, Delaware State University, (twice,) South Mountain Community College, University of Iowa, San Diego State, Appalachian School of Law, University of Arizona, Shepherd University, Bard College, Case Wester Reserve University, Penn State, Fairleigh Dickinson University, University at Central Arkansas, and University of Alabama at Huntsville."

That gentleman removed his comment about not wanting to attend a concealed-carry-friendly university within 30 seconds of me posting my comment, and would not return to the conversation. I don't think he was open-minded enough to want to have a discussion about it...

Top Bottom