• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    This past weekend the following occurred during a shotgun competition: All participants had hearing protection on and most of them can hear anyway, except me:

Mrs. Frost: You shouldn't let him do that.
    Me: What?
    Mrs. Frost: You should get on to him for doing that.
    Me: What?
    TF: What?
    Mrs. Frost: Cussing your preacher!
    Me: You cussed me!
    TF: I wasn't cussing AT you....

Classic!!

I don't know that this episode put you into spiritual jeopardy, but beating me with my own shotgun might have:D

ETA: You beat me to it:laugh:

Sorry for the :hijack:

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Good luck with the church, let us know how that goes. Luckily I shoot IDPA/USPSA with my pastor so even if we had a daycare I would be GTG. (though that might change since I kicked his but with his own gun last match) :rockwoot:

Anyway if someone doesn't get around to either changing the law or attempting it themselves by the time my son enters school then I will see what I can do and, as always, it will be posted on :ingo:
    That won't do it but telling the whole world about it probably will. :D

NDguido

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Nappnee, Indiana
    ATM, first of all +1 for trying a new tactic and letting us know how it went!

Second, have you attempted to get "permission" from the principal or superintendant to be an authorized armed individual on school grounds?

I have considered this option myself. Do you know if this permission would allow one to carry at any school event: drama, football/basketball games.....off campus school functions?

I think the main issue would be having to constantly prove to LEOs that you have authorization, especially at football games where there are a lot of LEOs around.

sigrome

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    school grounds are tricky but I would say do not take it into the school thats a good way to have a one on one with the LEA

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I have considered this option myself. Do you know if this permission would allow one to carry at any school event: drama, football/basketball games.....off campus school functions?

I think the main issue would be having to constantly prove to LEOs that you have authorization, especially at football games where there are a lot of LEOs around.

AFAIK it would depend on the 'title' they bestow on you or the agreement you make. If you are authorized to act as a personal security guard for your kids when on school ground then I would think it would apply to any ground under the control of whoever authorized you.

So in other words, if you get authorized by the principal of your kids elementary school then don't go to the highschool while carrying. If you are authorized by the superintendant of the district then anything in that district would be ok.

IANAL and AFAIK this has not been tested and no one to my knowledge has had approval by a public school system to carry unless LEO.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    My brother is still in college and is going to a local one for now. I drop him off and pick him up all the time while carrying

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Colleges have nothing to do with the ban on guns on school grounds! Only applies to k-12, pre-schools, head start, etc., and any buildings that include any of these.

Top Bottom