• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JJJ

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Thanks to the match director the ROs and everyone that put in the time to make this match happen!
    Had a ton of fun today I'm looking forward to next time:D
    JJ

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG61_Sn8glY&feature=youtu.be

At least I remembered to turn the thing on for one stage. Not sure what happened to the soft cover. Must have blown down due my massive speed :D. It was up until the end.

The other stage I will have to figure out how to edit. It is stage 3. Recorded fine, but someone forgot about the recording device on his head. There is some good footage of me relieving myself. Didn't figure you all wanted to see that.

Also, sorry about the fun house effect...still trying to find a good background to level the camera prior to shooting.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Max the number of swingers in this match and in Jake's room on the road is not nearly equal.

Sorry to see you down in the back Max. Is the injury swinger related?

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    I stunk up the place but I had a good time. Thanks Max and get better soon.

Thanks to the crew, that was a fun match to shoot.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I hear there was a malfunctioning Glock on the range but I did not see that myself.

thumbs riding the slide of Glock 19 carry gun, hadn't shot it enough to realize the grip difference from larger G34.

Once Mr Hart pointed it out, said thumbs pointed straight and eliminated the issue.

Front sight, however, was missing in action.

Anyone going to e-mail Mr. Yeager?

Master Yeager would demand XS Big Dots instead of stock Glock sights.

GSSF discount will be used as soon as I save up a few bucks.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    thumbs riding the slide of Glock 19 carry gun, hadn't shot it enough to realize the grip difference from larger G34.

Once Mr Hart pointed it out, said thumbs pointed straight and eliminated the issue.

Front sight, however, was missing in action.

Master Yeager would demand XS Big Dots instead of stock Glock sights.

GSSF discount will be used as soon as I save up a few bucks.

Oh shooter error not gun puking. Thank the Lord. The reputation is still intact.:rockwoot: We all seem a bit rusty JT. It is early in the season.:ingo:

Craigh

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Columbus
    Thanks to all who came out today. It was fun and glad most everyone had a good time. I was really glad to see all the new shooters today. The ones I spoke to seemed to really be enjoying themselves. Congratulations to all involved for bring new people into our sport. And thanks to everyone who stayed and helped with the tear down.

All in all I think our first match of the season went pretty well. Hated that Max was stoved up and really appreciate him toughing it out and helping us with the setup. The rest of guys on the setup crew did a heck of a job.

Thanks again, and we'll see you next month!!

Craig

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Oh shooter error not gun puking. Thank the Lord. The reputation is still intact.:rockwoot: We all seem a bit rusty JT. It is early in the season.:ingo:

well, it's mostly my fault. Sold the 34 thinking the carry gun would suffice. Now I feel like crap because I haven't shot this thing enough to adapt to the little smaller grip.

Lesson learned the hard way, rather do bad in a match than die in the street.

blkrifle

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    terre haute
    great match today.great squad good stages=fun time. good way to start the season. thanks to Max and the rest of the South Central guys.

Freeborn Man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Memphis, IN
    I had a great time today. Stages were fun and challenging. My old friend Mike showed up more than I would have liked but it was a good day of shooting! Sorry you had to skip this one Max. Hope you have a speedy recovery. Thanks to everyone involved.

Matt

DougBarnes101

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    Thanks to Max (hope your back is better soon), Craig, Gordon, JT, and all of the others that put on the match. It was a great way to spend the 1st Sunday in March.

The rust with the carry gun was evident. I haven't shot it in over a year. Looks like I need to get more practice in with that gun.

It was great seeing everyone and looking forward to the rest of the season.

Last edited:

sv40sw45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    South Indiana
    Great day on the range Max just felt sorry for you I know how painful back problems are, take it easy and let it heel up.
    Thanks to all that RO'ed and set up.
    Fun stages & and was on a great squad, several new shooters that did a good job with safety.
    A little windy and chilly but at least no tornadoes to dodge, its been a rough week in S. IN.
    OH YEA we had 3 revolver shooters:rockwoot:

P.S. Max do you have any of the .45 brass left for sale?
    I'll take some if it is large primer. I didn't see how much you had but I'll take 500 or 1000 if you have any left.

Paul I have 1000 pcs.left.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    got about half the scores done last night before I crashed, should get the rest done and posted tonight. Don't think many shot this one clean... Max opened our season with a monster!

Willob

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    This was my first shoot and I really enjoyed it. I have been wanting to try this for several years, just hard to commit to the first one and get over the jitters. Now if I could just remember to see that front site before pulling the trigger!! Thanks to everyone that spent the time setting up the range. Dan Halcomb and I are already planning on making the next shoot and maybe the one up by Terre Haute later this month.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    This was my first shoot and I really enjoyed it. I have been wanting to try this for several years, just hard to commit to the first one and get over the jitters. Now if I could just remember to see that front site before pulling the trigger!! Thanks to everyone that spent the time setting up the range. Dan Halcomb and I are already planning on making the next shoot and maybe the one up by Terre Haute later this month.

glad you guys came and had a good time! The first is always the hardest and even those who have been shooting these a couple of years still forget about that little thingy out on the end of the gun :D

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    Wow great match guys well worth the drive!!
    As my scores will show I was quite rusty. I just couldnt keep a sight picture and tried to rely on index most of the day. Guess I better get back to dryfire and live fire practice..lol It was great shooting with the boy again :D. Had a great squad and a great RO!

Top Bottom