• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    So far, after 11 years on GB, I have mostly good experiences, except my last transaction. I sold a rifle and the guy took well over a month to pay me, and on top of that, had very poor communication skills.

But I will keep buying and selling on GB.

Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    I like the site... with one glitch. I mistakenly hit too many zeros when bidding.. something like $3000.00 for a $300.00 rifle. I caught the mistake within seconds, contacted the seller and made arrangements to solve the issue. Lots of communication between seller, the site and myself. GunBroker decided to give me a 6 month time out from bidding for my mistake. I'll count zeros better next time.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    I like the site... with one glitch. I mistakenly hit too many zeros when bidding.. something like $3000.00 for a $300.00 rifle. I caught the mistake within seconds, contacted the seller and made arrangements to solve the issue. Lots of communication between seller, the site and myself. GunBroker decided to give me a 6 month time out from bidding for my mistake. I'll count zeros better next time.

They have an checkbox alert now for bids over about $1,000 and that helps...but it won't save you from bidding $100.00 on a $10.00 item. I really enjoy buying and selling on Gunbroker; I find a lot of unusual stuff on there and encounter a lot of good people...but I do get annoyed by people who are selling antiques but still require an FFL, or the guys who clearly have one item but are calling it something else completely and trying to get a fortune for it. One guy in particular has some foreign red-tip 30-06 that he is claiming is incendiary and trying to charge even more than what real surplus incendiary sells for. I and a couple of others have tried to inform him, but he refuses to change his ad - a real scumbag trying to rip off some unknowing soul.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    I wish I could find the bad transaction that would make me stop. I couldn't even venture a guess as to how many hundreds of guns I've purchased there and I haven't had a problem yet. I am $36 in the hole to a guy for some .38S&W brass I never received but I think something bad must have happened to him. He had great feedback and good communications until mid-transaction and then all of a sudden he received half a dozen negatives for lack of delivery and I never heard another word from him. I suppose it happens, but that $36 loss kinda disappears in the tens of thousands of savings over the years.

FWIW, I'm not married, and if I had been I wouldn't be any more.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I have to stay away from Gunbroker or I WILL find something to spend money on, then I will need to spend money on a new vault to put them in, then I will need to spend money on a bigger house to put the new vault in....

vicious circle. And I don't even have time to shoot the ones I already own.

So, I'm just concentrating on fixing up the ones I have. I have done some sight upgrades this year, purchased some new dies for my reloading equipment, and the wife just "let" me buy some Safariland gear. I'll try to be happy with what I have for a while! :D

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Agree with all of the above. Prefer to deal with the LGS and handle the prospective purchase, but I like so many guns that are no longer common. I could spend years combing every gunshow and gun shop for miles around and still not find some of the goodies I have purchased off WalletBreaker.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    The problem isn't that I find the things I wanted to buy. It's that I find things I never knew I wanted to buy until I saw them for sale.

BW, That is the same problem I have. Glad I am not alone. My wife seriously believes I have an uncontrollable addiction to GB.:lol2:

SpiritClump

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2015
    Middlebury
    I know exactly what you mean. It is so easy to find things you want or didn't even know you wanted on that site. Online shopping is going to be the death of me...

Markus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I had recovered from my GunBroker addiction and was doing quite well...

Then they came out with that darned app for your iPhone and iPad! That site is heartless I tell you, totally heartless!!!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Agree with all of the above. Prefer to deal with the LGS and handle the prospective purchase, but I like so many guns that are no longer common. I could spend years combing every gunshow and gun shop for miles around and still not find some of the goodies I have purchased off WalletBreaker.

^^^THIS^^^ The likelihood of finding the guns I am interested in at a LGS are slim indeed.

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    I could understand using it for buying guns no longer produced, but modern guns it's cheaper to buy from a local gun shop after shipping, CC fees, plus transfer fee. Powder prices are through the roof on there as well, $37.50 & $42 per lb on Varget, no thanks.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    It's helping me find things I've always looked for but have never found in shops, shows or at auctions.:)

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I've never had a transaction on GB. I'm afraid I would enjoy it too much.

Don't think I haven't looked though!

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Just placed my first bid there...looked for a specific weapon and caliber in gun shops, here in the classifieds, have friends who are dealers who asked their friends and no one had it. Go on GetBroker and there's 20 up for sale.

I'm going to have to be very careful...and not surf there while enjoying adult beverages...:spend:

I'm sure just like E-buy it's going to be about knowing what it's worth and what I'm willing to pay for it without getting caught up in auction hysteria.

Top Bottom