• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Just placed my first bid there...looked for a specific weapon and caliber in gun shops, here in the classifieds, have friends who are dealers who asked their friends and no one had it. Go on GetBroker and there's 20 up for sale.

I'm going to have to be very careful...and not surf there while enjoying adult beverages...:spend:

I'm sure just like E-buy it's going to be about knowing what it's worth and what I'm willing to pay for it without getting caught up in auction hysteria.

If you set up an account with them, then you can access the completed auctions in their Advanced search so you can see what other guns like the one you're interested in have been selling for. People can ask whatever price they want, but seeing what they're actually selling for gives you a truer picture of that their "real" price should be.

The Dawg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2015
    Evansville
    You could always sell your old guns and buy new guns with the money. That's not what I do, but its theoretically possible. I think I read it in a textbook once.

bulldogs42

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    May 26, 2015
    Indianapolis
    It's been my favorite place to buy guns. I used to like purchasing from Gander Mountain, but they can't compete with the prices on Gunbroker, especially new guns. I've only had one bad experience on Gunbroker in which I had to get law enforcement involved in New Jersey, but I did get my gun that was at a too good to be true price. Odd how a knock on the door from the officer reminded him to ship the gun nearly two months after cashing my USPS money order. Just make sure you use USPS money orders for private sales so that you have a case, if not using a credit card.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I guess if your looking for harder to find stuff, gunbroker is good. But if your looking to pickup everyday stuff you can get at PSA or buds, or a LGS for that matter, gunbroker is stupid expensive. For instance:
    Heritage rough rider RR22b4
    169 no reserve at GB, plus 35$ shipping, and of course, the 3% added, that so many sellers on GB do, for not waiting the extra week to mail a check, or not living nearby to pay cash. That makes it 210, before you pay the transfer, lets say 20$, so you got 230 in it.

Or, you go to buds, pay 162 with free shipping, with FFL, you got 182 in it.

It seems like everytime I go to gunbroker, I leave thinking "how much do these people think their **** is worth?"

and even when I DO find guns near the price of buds or LGS, you have to worry about the credibility of the seller, and hope you dont get ripped off one way or another.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I guess if your looking for harder to find stuff, gunbroker is good. But if your looking to pickup everyday stuff you can get at PSA or buds, or a LGS for that matter, gunbroker is stupid expensive. For instance:
    Heritage rough rider RR22b4
    169 no reserve at GB, plus 35$ shipping, and of course, the 3% added, that so many sellers on GB do, for not waiting the extra week to mail a check, or not living nearby to pay cash. That makes it 210, before you pay the transfer, lets say 20$, so you got 230 in it.

Or, you go to buds, pay 162 with free shipping, with FFL, you got 182 in it.

It seems like everytime I go to gunbroker, I leave thinking "how much do these people think their **** is worth?"

and even when I DO find guns near the price of buds or LGS, you have to worry about the credibility of the seller, and hope you dont get ripped off one way or another.

Hell, I often do that when browsing the INGO classifieds. :): I've gotten great deals on GB, and on INGO, but whenever you're dealing with private sellers (or even retailers for that matter), you're always going to have people that think their gun (or whatever) is worth more than any other one that's just like it. Just have to shop around, do your research and make a decision based on that, and incidentals like transfer fees, shipping, etc..

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Recently bought a really nice blued Taurus PT911 2 mags original box on WalletBreaker, with a Fobus (meh) for $267 plus FFL. When was that last time you saw one of those in a LGS? I think GB serves a very useful purpose, but I think we should support the LGS whenever we can so that there always will/can be LGSs

Top Bottom