SBR's and Machine Guns not protected by 2A.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    With the left and with gun grabbers specifically, we're always fighting an asymmetric war. They always use corrupt logic and extra-constitutional arguments to enact bad legislation or get bad court decisions. Then, our side always plays the game of trying to legislatively overturning all this stuff. In the mean time how many millions of man-years of lost liberty is endured?

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    'machine guns are highly ‘dangerous and unusual weapons’ that are not ‘typically possessed by law-abiding citizens for lawful purposes’

Despite what the movies would have you believe most 'machine guns' in the US are almost entirely owned by law-abiding citizens for lawful purposes, they might not be 'typically possessed' in great numbers but nonetheless are owned by law-abiding citizens

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Of course I can’t refind it now but I saw one of those never forget what they took from you posts where it showed an ad from years ago selling old WW2 machine guns. You see to be able to buy machine guns with no tax stamp, no background checks, just cash.

edwea

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    Despite what the movies would have you believe most 'machine guns' in the US are almost entirely owned by law-abiding citizens for lawful purposes, they might not be 'typically possessed' in great numbers but nonetheless are owned by law-abiding citizens
    About 5 years ago I would have agreed with this, but every thug that gets arrested these days seems to have a Glock switch.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Ummm........okay?

Seems like he was saying no worries, trial court, not a Federal court.

The twisted logic used by some of these courts requires a Boy Scout Handbook to untie.
    It's the Federal District Court of Hawaii, not a state court. Next stop after the Hawaiian Federal District Court -- 9th Circus Court of Appeals. Grieve is correct that it can't be cited as a precedent, but rest assured it will be cited by BATFE nevertheless as a case every other court they're dealing with should take note of.

Last edited:

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Yet another problematic criminal case in a Federal District Court. The perp in this one is a Bad Dude. Saw the video a few days ago. The important part of it is Grieve's remarks about citation of Blackstone in the SCOTUS 2008 Heller Decision plus the Caetano Decision.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    No
    'machine guns are highly ‘dangerous and unusual weapons’ that are not ‘typically possessed by law-abiding citizens for lawful purposes’

Not typically possessed because the government makes it nearly impossible to do so. I’m sure 80% of the people here wouldn’t mind owning a mp5 or m4 full auto if we could go to our LGS and pick one up for 1k or less

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    No

Not typically possessed because the government makes it nearly impossible to do so. I’m sure 80% of the people here wouldn’t mind owning a mp5 or m4 full auto if we could go to our LGS and pick one up for 1k or less

Beat me to it. How convenient for the lefty gungrabbers to claim they aren't "in common use" or "typically possessed" when it was a previous generation of lefty gungrabbers that MADE full auto nearly impossible for the common person to actually own.

And, yes, if I COULD own full auto AR or even AK platforms without paying ridiculous prices and doing ridiculous paperwork, you'd better believe I absolutely would. Hell, I'm even interested in full auto pistols, SMG's, whatevers--I just am not wealthy enough to even consider it. Would I run 'em in full auto? Maybe every once in a great while just for fun...would I like to be able to have that option whenever I felt like it? Oh hell yes.

Huh. Guess I'm an example of what those gungrabby leftist ****ers wanted to accomplish.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Beat me to it. How convenient for the lefty gungrabbers to claim they aren't "in common use" or "typically possessed" when it was a previous generation of lefty gungrabbers that MADE full auto nearly impossible for the common person to actually own.

And, yes, if I COULD own full auto AR or even AK platforms without paying ridiculous prices and doing ridiculous paperwork, you'd better believe I absolutely would. Hell, I'm even interested in full auto pistols, SMG's, whatevers--I just am not wealthy enough to even consider it. Would I run 'em in full auto? Maybe every once in a great while just for fun...would I like to be able to have that option whenever I felt like it? Oh hell yes.

Huh. Guess I'm an example of what those gungrabby leftist ****ers wanted to accomplish.
    Leftys took machine guns away??... It was Ronald Reagan

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Leftys took machine guns away??... It was Ronald Reagan
    Who, in spite of his public image of the time, allowed it to happen... so yes, my statement stands.

But I was actually thinking of the 1934 NFA travesty that pretty much obliterated the idea of "shall not be infringed" from then onward...
    Sorry for the edit, it was a kneejerk response to Reagan--other than loving his much publicized rhetoric about defeating the Soviet Union, not really fond of him.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy

Absolutely

Top Bottom