• ...and so much more!
  • saleen4971

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    East Side Indy
    sucks, but it is what it is.

happened to me when i brought my fiance to a range for the first time. guy next to her was seeing how fast his finger could move, while holding a 45. scared the bejesus out of her. fired one shot and left :(

One Shot One Kill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Near The Dunes
    Both plugs and muffs on at the same time will take care of that problem.
    That won't help with the concussion. When I was at the first meet and shoot for NWI this year one person (forgot who) had an ar pistol or sbr and while it was LOUD, what kept making me jump was the concussive wave that thing put out! I could feel it in my chest... that was outdoors, I imagine indoors would be worse!

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I always suggested people buying a gun for home defense make at least one trip to an indoor range. It teaches you that after the first shot in a house, nobody is going to be hearing much right after so make the first one count.

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    Meh. Yea, I think that it has happened to us all at sometime. I agree that it can be annoying but an indoor range is a compromise. If you were outdoors her first experience could have been cold, rain, mosquitoes or any number of other of annoying factors.

I couldn't of said it any better, sucks but it is part of the sacrifice to an indoor range.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I know it is difficult for new shooters to deal with those blasts, but getting upset at the other shooter makes no sense. They paid the same as you did and were following the rules.

Now, I just got back from Point Blank in Carmel and I think you might want to check them out. They have extended walls on their lanes that I think help with sound cancellation. The range wasn't very busy when I was there, but you could hardly hear the other shooters over ear pro. I was shooting a 7.62x39 AR pistol and the lane walls did a really good job of absorbing the concussive force that you feel as the shooter (obviously, the shooter doesn't feel anywhere near as much as someone standing to the side though). You also could barely hear the range fire in the shop. So I think they invested pretty heavily in sound dampening.

magus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2014
    Central IN
    Agreed, they have that rubber tile on the leading wall of the stall. I'm not sure if that's the magic, but it is nice. I'll have to test with the Tavor to really see.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am at a bit of a loss on this one. Of course I am a recoil junky and "Huge" concusive reports just make me smile.

That you left was not the best thing to do for a 1st timer either. Get another lane. Time your shooting. Was the firing non-stop from the SBR. He had to stop sometime.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I am at a bit of a loss on this one. Of course I am a recoil junky and "Huge" concusive reports just make me smile.

That you left was not the best thing to do for a 1st timer either. Get another lane. Time your shooting. Was the firing non-stop from the SBR. He had to stop sometime.

They stopped long enough to put another mag in and hand it off to the next person. The noise and concussion could be heard in their shop area. I could tell that she wasn't having it so leaving was the best option.

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Since you are in the Indy area. I am going to mention Eagle Creek Pistol range. Yeah it can get loud, but we make the best of it and make sure the customers have a good experience.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    They stopped long enough to put another mag in and hand it off to the next person. The noise and concussion could be heard in their shop area. I could tell that she wasn't having it so leaving was the best option.

I see your point but again, it is an indoor range.
    Many options listed here.

I will give you this opportunity, If schedules allow come and meet me at MCF&G. It is a great "Outdoor" range with a few different options. You and the Lady can be my guests. $10 a head for as much time as you have ammo to fill.
    PM me and maybe we can get her on the line.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    I had a single chamber ALG muzzle break on my 10.5" before I got my can. when I shoot it at BGF I always ask for the last lane if possible and they normally do, and at the same time, not assign others next to me so everybody could have a good time.

I don't really care about the muzzle blast from the guy in the neighboring stall, but there were couple times I had others shooting something like 300WSM or 7mm kinda stuff. that's awesome, for me, not so much for the new shooters.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I had a single chamber ALG muzzle break on my 10.5" before I got my can. when I shoot it at BGF I always ask for the last lane if possible and they normally do, and at the same time, not assign others next to me so everybody could have a good time.

I don't really care about the muzzle blast from the guy in the neighboring stall, but there were couple times I had others shooting something like 300WSM or 7mm kinda stuff. that's awesome, for me, not so much for the new shooters.

I have not been overly impressed with Parabellum but it is a decent enough space. They always seem to be stretching thin on staff......JMHO No knock on the range.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Parabellum has scared me the two times I've been, total sweepsville. Both times were right after Christmas though, and I imagine the newbies were out in force.

Top Bottom