• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    QUOTE=actaeon277;3910303]Skywired, he was not stopped for OCing.
    He was stopped for carrying.

That PD has a history of it.
    The fact that you proudly CC is fine with me, I don't care how anyone carries if they're legal.
    But if they can hassle a legally carrying OCer....
    Then they can hassle a legally carrying CCer.

It has nothing to do with OC / CC, other than the frequency of contact.
    CCing is not Invisible Carrying.
    When the PD comes over and points their guns at you and your family for now reason, feel free to not be upset.
    Because the anti-gunner will say, "I don't know what his intention was. If he didn't carry, that wouldn't happen."[/QUOTE]

I agree with you. When we strap on, whether OC or CC, we risk the hassle of the government. I know that. I accept that. I sure don't like that. That's why, IN MY CASE, I try to minimize my contact with the government....I do not trust them in any way shape or form.

Off topic, but some day ask me how I feel about informing about LTCH/carry during a LEO stop. :D

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    It has nothing to do with OC / CC, other than the frequency of contact.
    CCing is not Invisible Carrying.
    When the PD comes over and points their guns at you and your family for now reason, feel free to not be upset.

I know, right! Just like I don't feel bad for this OP and his experience, I also don't feel bad about all the "I got hassled by the cops because of my CC" stories we read about so frequently on INGO.

Oh, wait...

Seriously, though. Are there any of these on INGO?
    3...2...1... Spoof thread, go!

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Huh.... SBPD was pretty cool with me when they pulled me over and I was carrying. I even handed over my LTCH with my DL and the officer said, "You don't need to show me your carry permit."

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I know, right! Just like I don't feel bad for this OP and his experience, I also don't feel bad about all the "I got hassled by the cops because of my CC" stories we read about so frequently on INGO.

Oh, wait...

Seriously, though. Are there any of these on INGO?
    3...2...1... Spoof thread, go!

There are 29k members on INGO.
    There are how many carriers in Indiana?????
    Sample size is "inconclusive".

I know of at least two CCers who were informed by the PD, let me remember, it's been awhile, "You don't need to carry. That's what we're (PD) here for. If we catch you carrying again, you'll spend the night in jail.

You rarely see these types, or at least I rarely do. But they do seem to be more prevalant in the higher population areas.

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    His intention was to get groceries. My intention when I go out is to complete the tasks that need to be done, or simply have a fun time with friends and family. My OC has absolutely nothing to do with provocation. Do I assume everyone who conceals does it because they're scared? Yes, but that's beside the point. I break no laws, and neither does Birdman. He's a Sergeant in the Army Reserve, and a TSA agent. He is an upstanding man who serves his country proudly, and sure as hell doesn't need to be treated like that. His reasons for OC have nothing to do with getting attention, positive or otherwise. To say that we OC to provoke is ignorant and shallow.

Think about this; You see a lot of YouTube videos of OCers trying to provoke LE. What do they have in common? VIDEOS. If Birdman was trying to illicit a response, do not you think that he would have filmed it? You see, we open carry because it's what we do. We don't worry about what people think. We don't do it because we want to annoy, provoke, intimidate, or scare. We do it because it's the way we choose to carry.

If you have no meaningful commentary, stay out of the discussion.[/QUOTE]
    From my dealings with you on this forum in the past I have learned you are especially sarcastic and display a caustic persona. Just because you are from Indiana and have a big mouth, that does not put you in the same league as David Letterman. You are a private citizen that needs to evaluate what good sense and moderation are and you should care what others think about you. OC is fine, but your self indulging rhetoric and lack of common sense will eventually catch up to you in life and bite you in the rear. :twocents:

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    As I have said before, I open carried for 5 years or so with zero interaction with the popo

I am 100% confident that you carry in a manner that is inconsistent with how the OP was carrying. Weather it is where you are carrying/living, the holster you use, the way you dress, your general appearance, the way you carry yourself, your general mannerisms, etc. The sum total of what you present will weight heavily in how people judge you. This doesn't mean that you'll never encounter an issue, just that there are ways to make it more or less likely.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    here i was, minding my own business. After a day of violating people's rights as a government bureaucrat, I went home and changed into my normal civvie clothes and headed down to the local Meijer to get some Mac N Cheese and hotdogs. And despite me minding my own business, someone calls the 5.0 and my day goes to hell. How did this happen?

1345669713361.jpg

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    As I have said before, I open carried for 5 years or so with zero interaction with the popo

Yes, Caleb.....but look at where you are. Nashville is a lot more gun tolerant than the large metro areas in northern and northwestern Indiana. And that, by no means is a slam against you, but it is what it is: your folks are just a whole lot more reasonable about a lot of things, don't you think? :)

I, also live in a rural/suburban community. We leave our houses unlocked. Our cars with the keys in them when we shop uptown. It's a whole different mindset. Now when we go to Indy: it's game on. :draw:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    here i was, minding my own business. After a day of violating people's rights as a government bureaucrat, I went home and changed into my normal civvie clothes and headed down to the local Meijer to get some Mac N Cheese and hotdogs. And despite me minding my own business, someone calls the 5.0 and my day goes to hell. How did this happen?

1345669713361.jpg

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Those GSG-9 boots are nice, worked with a retired Ranger HALO instructor that used to call his buddies at Ft. Bragg to get him another pair. They always looked comfortable.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I know where you live!!!
    That sounds like a threat to me, Bunny. Might want to look into a court protective order.

"You don't need to carry. That's what we're (PD) here for. If we catch you carrying again, you'll spend the night in jail.
    "Indiana Code 35-47-11.1. I'll say that again slowly so you'll remember it. Indiana Code thirty-five, forty-seven, eleven, point, one. You need to read that chapter in whole and if you have any questions about it, consult your leadership. You're gonna get yourselves, your department, and your community in a whole lot of trouble with that attitude."

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I am 100% confident that you carry in a manner that is inconsistent with how the OP was carrying. Weather it is where you are carrying/living, the holster you use, the way you dress, your general appearance, the way you carry yourself, your general mannerisms, etc. The sum total of what you present will weight heavily in how people judge you. This doesn't mean that you'll never encounter an issue, just that there are ways to make it more or less likely.

I'm willing to bet that I can put on a drop leg holster and nothing will change

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Yes, Caleb.....but look at where you are. Nashville is a lot more gun tolerant than the large metro areas in northern and northwestern Indiana. And that, by no means is a slam against you, but it is what it is: your folks are just a whole lot more reasonable about a lot of things, don't you think? :)

I, also live in a rural/suburban community. We leave our houses unlocked. Our cars with the keys in them when we shop uptown. It's a whole different mindset. Now when we go to Indy: it's game on. :draw:

Kind of my point, south bend is overreacting...it's one thing to varify that you are carrying legally and completely another to come flying in with their firearms unholstered.

I really do dislike this gunman mentality that's going America today

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    The act itself or the result after the fact?

Act itself...I mean, what's the best way to manipulate a gun control into law? Get people to make irrational and emotional, thus unlogical decisions to stop further crisises from happening...

Don't you think it's odd that after the UN arm treaty/ban we been having quite a few shootings? We had some before yes, but since the UN deal, we been having a lot. Am I the only one who sees the oddity in all of this? I'll stop here, no more thread hijacking...

Top Bottom