• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyLongColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    Morgan County
    Hmmm....never been involved in a cell phone recall...interesting...traded my old phone in on the s Note 7. Hopefully they send the new ones out first, don't wanna be phone-less.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    All stores pulled them from shelf's, can't even get one now.

If apple was smart at all they would early release the IPhone 7 and destroy Samsung.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    All the phones are suppose to be replaced in the next few weeks.

You couldn't give me two Iphone's for one Android. I'll gladly wait.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Verizon doesn't have their **** together yet with the recall. They tossed us off to Samsung, which turned us back to Verizon.

I know the carrier is supposed to be handling these.

Looks like the first one failed in the US, wasn't even on the charger when it blew up

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    All stores pulled them from shelf's, can't even get one now.

If apple was smart at all they would early release the IPhone 7 and destroy Samsung.

Except the Galaxy 7 and Galaxy 7 Edge are still there running strong against iPhone, not to mention all the other Android models.

Personally, I'm glad Samsung is out there, as Apple hasn't had much innovation recently, even with the competition.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just got my replacement Note 7. Verizon told me to keep the old one (potential IED) and dispose of it safely.

I thought that was odd. They said they didn't want it catching fire in the mail.

... Anyone wanna buy a Note 7, discounted?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Just got my replacement Note 7. Verizon told me to keep the old one (potential IED) and dispose of it safely.

I thought that was odd. They said they didn't want it catching fire in the mail.

Price?

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co

too bad it's not AT&T or I would be all over it. I mean, it's just the batteries that are the issue right?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The battery is replaceable by those with the skills to do it. There is a lot of risk involved that the phone could get trashed in the process. There is also the question of when replacement batteries might actually be available for DIY techs?

Samsung also has a forced software "upgrade" that could prove problematic? The new software is supposed to designate replacement phones from originals, as they want them out of circulation.

To complicate the whole mess, a lot of very current articles reflect problems with the replacement phones, so one can only speculate...?

[video=youtube;tGcBy-ET4mY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGcBy-ET4mY[/video]

Last edited:

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN

Name me a reasonable price

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Name me a reasonable price

I bet that think will get a hit signal and be brain dead the next time it is powered on. Still some usable parts though.

Since the issue seems resolved I will probably pick one up soon. My boys Note 2 is having battery issues and it's served me well. I will used it as a spare. I will give him my Note 5.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Thing that Samsung did to "fix" the problem was to forcefully reduce the max capacity of the battery to 60% of what it should be...hell of a fix there.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I bet that think will get a hit signal and be brain dead the next time it is powered on. Still some usable parts though.

Since the issue seems resolved I will probably pick one up soon. My boys Note 2 is having battery issues and it's served me well. I will used it as a spare. I will give him my Note 5.

I'll take my chances...my note 4 is on the fritz and need a replacement soon

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom