• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I just upgraded yesterday to the I5 from the I4 because of the killer deal at Best Buy. Hand them a working I4, they hand you an I5. Well, I had to pay a few dollars tax, but essentially free. AT&T had been sending me mailers about being eligible to upgrade for $99 to either the I5 or the Galaxy 4S, and I admit I looked hard at the Galaxy because of its screen size. I mostly use the web browsing and apps on my phone; I really don't place that many calls with it. I may well have chosen it over the I5 if I had ended up making the choice in the AT&T store, but the free deal at Best Buy sealed me into an iPhone for the next 2 years. I'll tell you what, the I5 on AT&T LTE network is blazing fast; much, much faster than my I4 was. I can't say I'm disappointed in my choice.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    I just upgraded yesterday to the I5 from the I4 because of the killer deal at Best Buy. Hand them a working I4, they hand you an I5. Well, I had to pay a few dollars tax, but essentially free. AT&T had been sending me mailers about being eligible to upgrade for $99 to either the I5 or the Galaxy 4S

So you basically traded in a used phone worth $200 to save $99 on the new phone? That's a 'killer' deal?

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    I bought a Galaxy s4 on Wednesday. It was fully charged by 2pm. As of now, 10am on Saturday, it still has 16% of its battery remaining. The battery life on this phone is incredible since I've turned off some of the silly and power hungry features.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I just ran into this very informative thread. Thanks for the info!

I'm about to be shopping for a S4. I'm kinda stuck with my Verizon grandfathered unlimited data plan, so I need to buy the phone outright, no contract. Anyone familiar with the best avenue to do this as inexpensively as possible?
    Cheapest sites?
    Used?
    Refurbed?

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I just ran into this very informative thread. Thanks for the info!

I'm about to be shopping for a S4. I'm kinda stuck with my Verizon grandfathered unlimited data plan, so I need to buy the phone outright, no contract. Anyone familiar with the best avenue to do this as inexpensively as possible?
    Cheapest sites?
    Used?
    Refurbed?

S4 is like the S3 before the 4 arrived, expensive downright expensive if you want to buy outright.

I got lucky and bought a S3 from an INGO member who was a former I-Phone'r and wanted to go back. You could check Craigslist, some deals on there but you have to watch out for the scammers and A-holes.

They can do it without you losing your old plan, don't let them Lie to you

Please explain...

You, please do explain because I have been told by everyone that if you buy a new phone @ the store, you loose the grandfathered unlimited and must get one of the data plans.

DepTaylor

Plinker
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Westfield
    I love my s4. Unfortunately I am on my 2nd one already since my son shut my first one in my tailgate.

The battery life on this phone is awesome.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    You, please do explain because I have been told by everyone that if you buy a new phone @ the store, you loose the grandfathered unlimited and must get one of the data plans.

AT&T tried to tell me the same thing when I upgraded a couple years back.

Customer Service Rep: "You're going to have to switch to one of our tiered data plans in order to utilize the new LTE data network on your new phone."

Me: "Oh, really? Ok. Let's discuss cancellation fees on my account. My unlimited plan was really the only reason I stuck around. Most of my lines are out of contract now, right?"

Customer Service Rep: "....Let me check with my supervisor."

tl;dr summary: They let me keep my unlimited plan.

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    Sorry for the delay. . you may need more than one line to do it. Transfer upgrade. They did the upgrade then switched it to the line we actually wanted it on, the unlimited

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    The S4 will be my next phone. I'm on Sprint and my full upgrade just went into affect. I'm going to wait it out a bit and keeep my eyes open for a good sale or promo for a upgrade.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    I would save a bundle of money and buy a used S3, but the new features like this one make me really want an S4.

I have an S3 and it is nothing to go 2 days without a charge on moderate use. Maybe not "awesome" but I cant complain.

saleen4971

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    East Side Indy
    i have the Note 2, and absolutely LOVE it. getting my GF the S4 active soon.

really cant beat the galaxy devices.

I was thinking about getting a new phone but after reading I think I'll stay with what I have. My son has the Note II and his battery life sucks big time also. The last thing I want is to always be worrying about my phone going dead. IMO, a device isn't much good if the battery only lasts half a day. I get 2 days out of a charge and I don't have to switch batteries, tweak settings, monitor apps, etc. to do it.

C'mon people, take a breath. Their Frick'n phones!!!!

I like right where I'm at and can just sit back and watch. I find it amusing how people get so worked up and have to constantly try to prove that "my phone is better than your phone" to a point where they resent people and have "handles" for them if they have different opinions and don't go out and buy one just like theirs.

And we wonder why the OC/CC debate is still going strong.
    thats strange - the N2 is known for having awesome battery life. i get a good 2 days out of mine, with a lot of use.

Top Bottom