• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    while you have the pen out might want to add lye to the already questionable act.
    Don't get your panties all in a wad. :D

I love dogs (even cats) and have 2 dogs and 2 cats at our house.
    We take them to the vet yearly and care for them well.
    I am not a wild eyed dog predator that hides in the bushes waiting for something to come in the yard so I can torture and kill it.
    In the past, neighbors dogs have eaten a pet rabbit (ripped the bottom out of the cage) and killed a calf.
    I just don't have any obligation to put up with that on my own property.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    My panties aren't in a proverbial wad, but if your going to shoot shovel and shutup inside city limits why not use lye to pretty much eradicate any evidence of what you buried.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    Ohhhh! So that's what the lye is for.
    I don't know anything about that.
    Wouldn't that kill the grass?
    How long does it take for the body to dissolve?

Seriously, I really don't live inside the city limits.
    I told the OP in a previous post that I understood that he did live in the city limits and that presents another set of problems.
    I just wanted him to quit calling the police and incriminating himself.
    Which I found out later that he didn't anyway.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    gee... hope you dont travel dog parks or anything on a regular basis we may have to get a dog hearse to follow you around.
    Why? Just because I assume a dog is aggressive, doesn't mean I'm going to be drawing on it.

Kinda like the old saying. Be polite, be professional, and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    Why? Just because I assume a dog is aggressive, doesn't mean I'm going to be drawing on it.

Kinda like the old saying. Be polite, be professional, and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

carry on, some of the trolling anti dog rhetoric that has been spewed in a couple other threads biased my view of your post.

concrete dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Goshen
    Finally had to call the police out to the house about the aggressive dog. For the past couple weeks it had been coming around , chased my wife back in the garage when she tried to let our dogs out. This dog has some issues, one minute teeth showing chasing you inside, next minute just stands there and looks at you. The dog has been returned more than once to his home, i have spoken with the person in charge of the dog and nothing seems to work. The LEO said if it happens again and the dog shows aggression towards my family, i have the right not to retreat and defend my family legally.:)

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Are you in the city or county down there? Sounds like he gave you the green light but will that keep the neighbor from suing you?

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Finally had to call the police out to the house about the aggressive dog. For the past couple weeks it had been coming around , chased my wife back in the garage when she tried to let our dogs out. This dog has some issues, one minute teeth showing chasing you inside, next minute just stands there and looks at you. The dog has been returned more than once to his home, i have spoken with the person in charge of the dog and nothing seems to work. The LEO said if it happens again and the dog shows aggression towards my family, i have the right not to retreat and defend my family legally.:)

And that calls for a smiley face? It makes you happy to be able to shoot a living being?

Wow.

bassplayrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    And that calls for a smiley face? It makes you happy to be able to shoot a living being?

Wow.
    Makes him happy to not have to worry about legal ramifications of defending his family against an aggressive dog. He has exhausted all remedies including having a conversation with the owner. I can't blame him for not wanting his children to end up being a chew toy for some dog whos owner is not up to snuff. S.S.S. time.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    Makes him happy to not have to worry about legal ramifications of defending his family against an aggressive dog. He has exhausted all remedies including having a conversation with the owner. I can't blame him for not wanting his children to end up being a chew toy for some dog whos owner is not up to snuff. S.S.S. time.

He has always had the legal right to defend himself, as far as legal ramifications it has been seen here several times that there were legal ramifications to shooting a dog. I still want to know if there is no animal control in that county, because if the dog gets out and acts the way it does the owner is deserving of several fines if not confiscation of the animal he refuses to control.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Where we live there is no dog catcher, or person to call when you have a problem with the neighbors dogs except the police or the Conservation Officer. We've had problems with dogs over the years, running in packs. I've had one of my stud Siamese cats mauled to death a few years back and just this Tuesday they killed one of my sweetest females. What do you do when you contact your neighbors over and over again telling them about the problems you are having with their dogs they let run? I live on a large amount of acreage on all sides of me so my neighbors dogs are coming a distance to get to my house, it's not like they just happened to wander across the boundry lines and are in my yard. Even if I shot their dog, it didn't replace the loss of income from my stud tom, or the companionship of my female.

If my dog was causing problems in your yard and you contacted me and I didn't take responsibility to keep my dog home I would expect you to be able to do what you pleased on your own property. All I ask is that you inform me of the problem first, so that I can take the proper steps to keep my dog home and stop the problem.

The key word here is causing problems. I know that my dog will run about half a mile to a neighbors house(friend with kids, my dog loves) when she gets scared from a loud noise(gun shot). She goes through two other neighbors yards on her way there. One of these two neighbors told me she would shoot my dog if she saw her crossing her property. I talked with a CO friend of mine and he told me that this was illegal. You can not just shoot a dog for being on your property because they don't know the boundry lines, unless they are endangering your property(livestock), pets or person.

BTW I put my dog up every time we shoot around here knowing it will scare her off the property. I usually find her hiding in the closet upstairs when we're done. Poor thing :( Wonder if she would wear doggie earmuff?

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Unfortunately it sounds like this dog is going to pay the price of "belonging to" an inconsiderate a55hole! To bad the owner can't be dealt with as easily as the dog.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    Come on folks 'WHAT IN THE HELL DO YOU EXPECT THE POLICE TO SAY TO YOU????"

We (YOU) have to understand that 90% (or more) of the public are MORONS! If the police say 'it's OK and a great idea' then some jackass is gonna set up his high powered rifle and fire from his front door toward the street while a bus is dropping off kids because...............'THE POLICE SAID I COULD!'

The police have to look at what will MOST OFTEN BE THE SAFEST METHOD FOR EVERYONE! Not what is YOUR RIGHT!

Would you prefer them to begin by answering EVERY PHONE CALL with.........."Well just let’s start off with if ANYTHING is on your property (off your property with license only) and you feel your life is in danger you can CAP'EM! If you still have a problem after that call us back!"

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    Where we live there is no dog catcher, or person to call when you have a problem with the neighbors dogs except the police or the Conservation Officer. We've had problems with dogs over the years, running in packs. I've had one of my stud Siamese cats mauled to death a few years back and just this Tuesday they killed one of my sweetest females. What do you do when you contact your neighbors over and over again telling them about the problems you are having with their dogs they let run? I live on a large amount of acreage on all sides of me so my neighbors dogs are coming a distance to get to my house, it's not like they just happened to wander across the boundry lines and are in my yard. Even if I shot their dog, it didn't replace the loss of income from my stud tom, or the companionship of my female.

If my dog was causing problems in your yard and you contacted me and I didn't take responsibility to keep my dog home I would expect you to be able to do what you pleased on your own property. All I ask is that you inform me of the problem first, so that I can take the proper steps to keep my dog home and stop the problem.

The key word here is causing problems. I know that my dog will run about half a mile to a neighbors house(friend with kids, my dog loves) when she gets scared from a loud noise(gun shot). She goes through two other neighbors yards on her way there. One of these two neighbors told me she would shoot my dog if she saw her crossing her property. I talked with a CO friend of mine and he told me that this was illegal. You can not just shoot a dog for being on your property because they don't know the boundry lines, unless they are endangering your property(livestock), pets or person.

BTW I put my dog up every time we shoot around here knowing it will scare her off the property. I usually find her hiding in the closet upstairs when we're done. Poor thing :( Wonder if she would wear doggie earmuff?
    Have you looked into these?Welcome to Mutt Muffs!

philo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Peoples Republic of Bloomington
    When we lived in rural Boone county there was no county animal control, and the sheriff at the time encouraged us to shoot stray dogs that wandered onto the property. That never became necessary, as we preferred to encourage the strays to move on. Occasionally that required the application of an air rifle pellet or two to the south end of the north-facing dogs.

I'm a dog lover (cats - not so much) so I'm not out to hurt them. That said, if a dog is aggressive or destructive and won't be run off I wouldn't hesitate to put it down.

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    why not a live trap and take said dong to an animal shelter with the owners name and address attached so they have to pay to get it back?? then they will learn to keep a better eye on their dog.

Top Bottom