• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • concrete dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Goshen
    Long story short, the same not so friendly dog different day. I called local Pd and asked what the options are with getting it taken care of. The reason for the call was that my 4 year old son plays outside in the back yard when im coming and going from the back garage. The lady on the other end of the phone basically said NO MATTER what i need to call them first!!!! Even if the dog is hanging off my sons leg having him for lunch. So my polite response was yes officer that is what i will do as the dog is chewing on my son( just after i run over firmly place gun barrel on the dogs back side and remove it). She then told me that if that is what i thought was best, but she couldn't tell me that was the best method. WTH:xmad: I think this what i might do next time i see it in my yard :ar15: LOL

Last edited:

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    You have violated Hornett's second rule of dog control.

Rule Number 1:
    My yard is my yard. Any dog that wanders on to my yard because the owner did not properly control it is fair game and could be terminated at my whim.

Rule #2:
    KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!
    If no one suspects you, then you are not a suspect. ;)
    If you are always calling the police and making a public record out of it, then you will draw attention to yourself anytime anything happens to someones dog.

I LIKE dogs.
    And for the most part, dogs that come on my property are as likely to get petted (by me) as anything. But I still reserve the right to dispatch aggressive dogs with impunity.

I understand you are in town and there are firearms discharge laws, but, Good Grief, quit calling the cops.

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    Long story short, the same not so friendly dog different day. I called local Pd and asked what the options are with getting it taken care of. The reason for the call was that my 4 year old son plays outside in the back yard when im coming and going from the back garage. The lady on the other end of the phone basically said NO MATTER what i need to call them first!!!! Even if the dog is hanging off my sons leg having him for lunch. So my polite response was yes officer that is what i will do as the dog is chewing on my son( just after i run over firmly place gun barrel on the dogs back side and remove it). She then told me that if that is what i thought was best, but she couldn't tell me that was the best method. WTH:xmad: I think this what i might do next time i see it in my yard :ar15: LOL

if its on your property you can setup some traps for him and then once caught call animal control or dispatch as you see fit. for k9's (coyotes) i use snares but they have to have a relaxing lock, or you can douse the dog with oc spray or set out a dark chocolate cake with some decon in it and thats another way to get rid of the animal. indiana has a leash law and for all the owner knows is that the dog got hit by a car one night if/when the dog never returns

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    If the owners can prove that you're the one that did that, you're gonna be in some deep ****.

very true, and i would say thats taking things to the extreme to get rid of a nuisance dog.

you could also get a big cage trap made for dogs but you will catch so many cats, raccoons, opossums, and SKUNKS. thats why i use snares find where the dog is coming through or make a channel and at the back of the channel put bait and set it so the bottom of the loop is 1ft off the ground and the loop is 15" across, if you use a relaxing lock and the dog is used to a leash he wont fight it and still beable to breath and then call AC

Last edited:

concrete dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Goshen
    I did not tell them where i lived, no name was given, and i did not use a phone that would come up on caller i.d in my name. It was just a feeling out question to the local p.d. about my options for fixing the problem. Trust me from now on it will look like a video game from my back door.( hit the moving target as it crosses my back yard)

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    I did not tell them where i lived, no name was given, and i did not use a phone that would come up on caller i.d in my name. It was just a feeling out question to the local p.d. about my options for fixing the problem. Trust me from now on it will look like a video game from my back door.( hit the moving target as it crosses my back yard)
    Ah, you have restored my faith.
    Carry on...

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    Why not call animal control since it is a stray there is no crime being committed other than the previous owner is a fat load of excrement. Ever met someone that has been beat, abused, and neglected they tend to have the same attitude. This could be a rescue story turned gold or rescue story turned horrible, either way I don't think PD is the best option at the very least the county game warden should be able to help you.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.6%
    41   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    You have violated Hornett's second rule of dog control.

Rule Number 1:
    My yard is my yard. Any dog that wanders on to my yard because the owner did not properly control it is fair game and could be terminated at my whim.

I LIKE dogs.
    And for the most part, dogs that come on my property are as likely to get petted (by me) as anything. But I still reserve the right to dispatch aggressive dogs with impunity.

^^^ This.

Steve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Aggressive varmit (dog, raccoon, fox, coyote, cat, etc. )?

S. S. S.

Shoot, shovel, shut up.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    , or you can douse the dog with oc spray or set out a dark chocolate cake with some decon in it and thats another way to get rid of the animal. indiana has a leash law and for all the owner knows is that the dog got hit by a car one night if/when the dog never returns

Best as I can tell IN does not have an actual lease law. The animal must be under control but it can be verbal.
    If the owners can prove that you're the one that did that, you're gonna be in some deep ****.

If going from memory, deep ****, means a felony and never being able to own a modern firearm again. You are correct.

Define an aggressive dog for me please.
    Any dog that is not my own, or one that I know well, coming towards me.

Top Bottom