That's all folks!!

latest

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Still ZERO pass rush and defense will continue to suffer this kind of yardage until fixed.
    I watched Mathis and didn't see any kind of energy or bursts out of him.
    Linebackers get pushed around.
    I don't know the answer but it looks like the Colts just don't have the personnel.
    Gore's back up..... 34.. shouldn't even be on a NFL roster from what I've seen of him. He can't block, break tackles, or catch the ball.
    On the positive side....
    TY, Luck, Doyle, Gore.
    I don't know what Chudzinski is doing with Gore. He's a hell of a receiver out of the back field. Not being used much. Maybe saving old legs to last the season?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well, here's the way I'm looking at it... I don't know how far we'll go this season, but I do know that we're still pretty beat up in key areas. Our schedule is going to get tougher, so I'm just hoping they can stay in it with these "easier" teams until we can get some more players healthy, and hopefully that happens before the going really gets tough. To have all hope taken away by sub-par teams now would be nails in the coffin that we just can't afford. So far, our losses have been all on us - mistakes, sloppy plays, penalties - stuff that just playing good basic football should help eliminate, but hasn't so far.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Colts must give A. Luck a bit more time behind the line. He is spending to much time in flight or on his butt.

You can neutralize a lot of the pass rush with play calling. Sitting in the pocket trying to throw 25 yd routes all day long asks for a pass rush. More screens, quick slants, draw plays, etc will keep a pass rush honest.
    Colts did a good job protecting Luck in the first half when they were running the ball and keeping the defense honest. The second half they dropped back and tried the slow developing routes which put Luck in harm's way. Was it 5 sacks? 3 by the L end alone. Not even a rub off by a back to make the guy go deep and wide on his rush.
    Rookies on the O Line have a long way to go but they're starting to make progress. I don't think Luck will survive this season with adjustments in play calling with the present personnel.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You can neutralize a lot of the pass rush with play calling. Sitting in the pocket trying to throw 25 yd routes all day long asks for a pass rush. More screens, quick slants, draw plays, etc will keep a pass rush honest.
    Colts did a good job protecting Luck in the first half when they were running the ball and keeping the defense honest. The second half they dropped back and tried the slow developing routes which put Luck in harm's way. Was it 5 sacks? 3 by the L end alone. Not even a rub off by a back to make the guy go deep and wide on his rush.
    Rookies on the O Line have a long way to go but they're starting to make progress. I don't think Luck will survive this season with adjustments in play calling with the present personnel.

Luck can do all of the things you list but the crew has issues.
    Lacking basic football skills has become obvious.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Luck can do all of the things you list but the crew has issues.
    Lacking basic football skills has become obvious.

This team has started over. The player turnover is ridiculous. I don't know a 1/3 of the present roster. New coaches. All this leads to a "rebuilding year" in reality.
    This team needs stability and a system to stay with. That's a start. Until then everyone will be missing plays, out of position, and giving up easy yards.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This team has started over. The player turnover is ridiculous. I don't know a 1/3 of the present roster. New coaches. All this leads to a "rebuilding year" in reality.
    This team needs stability and a system to stay with. That's a start. Until then everyone will be missing plays, out of position, and giving up easy yards.

Our "D" on one of the last series. They were totally lost. Time out had to be called to regroup.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Grim realization just now.
    I'm watching the Bengals and Patriots.
    The Pats just stopped the Bengals on 4th and goal from the 1.
    I cheered at the defensive stop of the Pats.
    I realize I dislike the Bengals more than the Pats.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Oh hell no man.....say it aint so.....say it........:runaway:

I think this revelation has it's roots in the self destruct thugs the Bengals fielded against the Steelers last year. I don't care for the Steelers either BUT.... the Bengals ran off some horse **** play trying to hurt people. No room for that in a very physical game.

Top Bottom