• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    No, he's not. He is conspiring against our civil rights. We imprison people for this.

Wait. Private citizen expressing personal opinion on a matter of public debate? We imprison people for that?

Trump is president already? :eek:

I have no problem with people having their own opinion. None. Even completely wrong ones. However, he has a microphone and a million people listening. Not the same as you or me. If people want to air their personal opinions in public forum - so be it - I'm doing it right now, however for the NFL to allow it through their medium then that's saying the NFL agrees with that personal opinion. If not, they should stat it. However, what the NFL does is put people like Bob Costas in their employ, put them on at halftime, and give them three minutes to rant about how evil guns are.

Personal opinion - fine - you have your right to be wrong. An entire industry - kiss my hairy @zz.

Ok, so if someone makes too much money or gets too much attention, they aren't allowed to express their opinions. Got it.

Here's hoping Yeager will now STFU. :D

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Wait. Private citizen expressing personal opinion on a matter of public debate? We imprison people for that?

Trump is president already? :eek:

Ok, so if someone makes too much money or gets too much attention, they aren't allowed to express their opinions. Got it.

Nope - afraid you don't. A corporation placing their stamp of approval on said personal opinion widens the personal opinion to include the company. Simpler: The NFL agrees with Payton, therefore anti-gun is the official opinion of the NFL.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County

Here's hoping Yeager will now STFU. :D

...to continue, I'm not against companies having an official opinion either, just don't like the disingenuous nature of the whole thing. If that's your position, then state it and let your customers make their own opinions about your product.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Nope - afraid you don't. A corporation placing their stamp of approval on said personal opinion widens the personal opinion to include the company. Simpler: The NFL agrees with Payton, therefore anti-gun is the official opinion of the NFL.

...to continue, I'm not against companies having an official opinion either, just don't like the disingenuous nature of the whole thing. If that's your position, then state it and let your customers make their own opinions about your product.

The bolded part makes me really confused about what we're arguing about. :D I think I misunderstood your earlier post.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    With the taxpayer subsidies Payton and the Saints receive, they are state actors and worthy of prosecution for attacking our civil rights.

Seriously? Poe's law is rearing its ugly head on this side of the conversation.

This could be one of the slipperier of INGO slopes.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    It's cool T, I see the NFL doing this more and more lately. Last year it was the black lives matter BS at half time and the NFL basically put their corporate seal of approval on violence against police by allowing their name, money, influence and airtime to publicize personal opinions. To me, they might as well put it on their website and underpin their logo with it.

If I were to do the same thing at my job I'd be fired. Why? Because the US government is no place for me to air my personal opinions about anything. There are laws against it.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I always love the "that's not what they meant when they wrote it" arguments. Unless they're writing with a quill and ink, printing on a primitive printing press or spreading their message via a town crier, then I guess one could make the same argument against the 1st amendment too. :rolleyes: Certainly our founding fathers never envisioned the internet when they guaranteed freedom of speech and freedom of the press.

And I guess Mr. Payton has a C&R license (at least) if he's able to order guns online and have them shipped right to his house.

Correction - unless they've lived under an oppressive colonial government and have had to fight for their freedom...

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I support his right to voice his personal opinion.

I support my right to call him out for the hypocrite he is.

I do not support the NFL by watching their games. Not only do they lack in entertainment value, they told me all I need to know about them when they decided Daniel Defense's money was no good, revealing their institutional hypocrisy.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    He's just worried one of his thug players will shoot him.

BTW, I hate the NFL (and NBA)............well any pro sport actually...............and collegiate.
    It's all a joke, has been for decades.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I agree with the overall sentiment but let's keep our facts straight. I've ordered guns online and had them shipped right to my house without any kind of special licenses so that part of his statement is accurate. And these were true military grade and used weapons.
    You referring to the CMP? IIRC they wanted to see that I was

1)a competitive shooter

2)member of a club affiliated with CMP/NRA competition

I've slept in the last 10 years and there might have been other reqs, but I doubt this payton could order a rifle (M1 "low capacity assault weapon") from the CMP

Top Bottom