• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Bill I wish you the best. This waiting for the decision would drive me crazy.

I still can't believe they did this to you. Good luck sir!

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    glad to hear it went well, damn tho, more waiting??? can't imagine how much this sucks for you. keep your chin up!!
    Chin up, Chin up! Everybody loves a happy face...

Now I have this song from Charlottes Web stuck in my head. Kids have watched it 4 times in the last week.

LegatoRedrivers

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011
    I'm fairly new here, so this is the first I've been seeing the thread. I took the time to read through all 33 pages of posts, and I've gotta say that while I've been a fan of the horror genre for years, no movie I've seen or story I've read has ever made my blood run colder than what I've read here. :runaway:

Best of luck, let us know if when you get a response from the state. :xmad:

Last edited:

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    It's my belief that you will have your license restored in short order. It seems very open and shut to me from everything that you told us about the case including how the hearing went. I see no grounds to deny your right to have the license.

It sounds like the lady at the house ended up being a pretty good witness for your side.

I give it a max of three weeks before you have your license again. I wouldn't be surprised to hear you have received a letter by the end of next week.

Good Luck.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    It sounds like the lady at the house ended up being a pretty good witness for your side.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I'm surprised that they tried to make a vcase with that kind of very one-sided (YOUR-sided) testimony.

Did they ever say what exactly the police chief sent them as evidence that you weren't a proper person? From the testimony of the state's witness it sounds pretty much like it was his own personal opinion. If that's the case then that could happen to anyone at any time.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    The only thing that was used as evidence that I wasn't a proper person was the police report and the fact that charges were filed. At the hearing my attorney objected to the report as hearsay, but the rules allow the hearsay evidence as long as it isn't the only thing they use to make a decision.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    bill, this should give you some reason to have confidence that you will see your license again very soon.

IC 35-47-2-5
    Suspension or revocation of license; failure to return license; rules concerning procedure for suspending or revoking license
    Sec. 5. (a) The superintendent may suspend or revoke any license issued under this chapter if he has reasonable grounds to believe that the person's license should be suspended or revoked.
    (b) Documented evidence that a person is not a "proper person" to be licensed as defined by IC 35-47-1-7, or is prohibited under section 3(g)(5) of this chapter from being issued a license, shall be grounds for immediate suspension or revocation of a license previously issued under this chapter. However, if a license is suspended or revoked based solely on an arrest under section 3(g)(5) of this chapter, the license shall be reinstated upon the acquittal of the defendant in that case or upon the dismissal of the charges for the specific offense.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    bill, this should give you some reason to have confidence that you will see your license again very soon.

IC 35-47-2-5
    Suspension or revocation of license; failure to return license; rules concerning procedure for suspending or revoking license
    Sec. 5. (a) The superintendent may suspend or revoke any license issued under this chapter if he has reasonable grounds to believe that the person's license should be suspended or revoked.
    (b) Documented evidence that a person is not a "proper person" to be licensed as defined by IC 35-47-1-7, or is prohibited under section 3(g)(5) of this chapter from being issued a license, shall be grounds for immediate suspension or revocation of a license previously issued under this chapter. However, if a license is suspended or revoked based solely on an arrest under section 3(g)(5) of this chapter, the license shall be reinstated upon the acquittal of the defendant in that case or upon the dismissal of the charges for the specific offense.

Yes and if that (IC above) is the case then why did Bill B have to drive all the way to Indy and hire an ATTY at that! :dunno:

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    Yes and if that (IC above) is the case then why did Bill B have to drive all the way to Indy and hire an ATTY at that! :dunno:

I assume the revocation was accompanied by anecdotal evidence (i.e. 'that girl was scared by golly!').

Hopefully the permit will be returned. According to the facts as presented here, it is more than obvious that it should be.

Can't wait to hear the good news!

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    read all 34 pages in one stretch. WOW! feel bad for you bill, glad that everything has turned out so far, but jeez that's a bunch of bs to go through. i work in hammond and drive through st. john every morning. i knew they could be tough with the radar and watching the roads after the bars close, but had no idea they would put up such a hassle.

hope you get a final resolution soon in your favor.

Mog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I, too, am checking in late-- just read through the thread. What a PITA! I'm glad things seem to have worked out well so far. But just to recap-- The initial situation was resolved, the complaint letter (very well written, IMHO) sent-- and AFTER the complaint was received, THEN charges were filed and you were arrested??? That sequence sounds more than a little suspect. Just sayin'. Or did I miss something?

read all 34 pages in one stretch. WOW! feel bad for you bill, glad that everything has turned out so far, but jeez that's a bunch of bs to go through. i work in hammond and drive through st. john every morning. i knew they could be tough with the radar and watching the roads after the bars close, but had no idea they would put up such a hassle.

hope you get a final resolution soon in your favor.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Sad state of affairs when the law-abiding citizens who are helping reduce crime by being a responsible firearm carrier have good reason to avoid the police. I hope that your permit is re-instated, a full written apology is issued, and the officer in question is severely reprimanded.

bigworm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 16, 2009
    hobart
    man just read this whole thing sounds kinda like what happened to me after the charges were dropped got the same letter went to indy and told them my story to then they revoked me

Top Bottom