NWI, North of US-30
    :rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:
    Keep us posted on the civil part!

---
    NWI INGO MEMBERS
    Get the latest news by joining the NWI INGO group here:
    INGunOwners - Northwest Indiana

UPCOMING EVENTS

The next MEET & SHOOT is for 16 OCT 2010 (go sign up!)
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...nd_shoot_-_sat_16_oct_2010_a.html#post1342678

Appleseed is coming to NWI on 23 OCT 2010
    2010 North Porter County, IN Appleseed Information

NEED YOUR HELP
    List of ranges in NWI; Is your range here?:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/106004-nwi_ingo_general_post-3.html#post1252132

On finding a location for more Appleseeds:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...d_for_nwi_lake_porter_county.html#post1216426

Last edited:

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    CONGRATS!!! With any luck they will handle the civil part rather quickly just to be washed clean of it. Or you can reject and take em to the cleaners bwahahahahaha! I'm still down for OC march in hickville. Hell we should do it out by my little neck of the woods as well.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    It seems the prosecutor has finally goteen around to reading the depositions and has filed to drop the case. So unless the judge does something weird on Thursday, the criminal part will be over.
    The civil fun is just beginning.:D

I have been following your saga for awhile as a lurker, just joined so I could say "tentative congratulations." ("tentative" since all kinds of illogical things happen in the judicial system, but looks good for now).

I believe there is a "no contact" order that is, or was, interfering with your legal ability to carry? Has that been dispensed with yet?

Best.

Alamo

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    The no contact order will also be gone on Thursday. You can bet that I will not leave the courtroom until I have the ruling in my hot grubby little hands. I've been jonesing to do some shooting for more than a month.
    I will be at the NWI INGO shoot on the 16th. Can anbody spare some .40 for a brother down on his luck?

ejm874

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2009
    NWI/Indy
    Great to hear, Bill. I've been thinking about the situation more and more this week as Thursday approaches. I don't think I'll be able to make the meet and shoot up here on the 16th due to another commitment, but as I mentioned in my last post I've got a few boxes of .40 with your name on them and I'd be happy to help you out!

E

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    It seems the prosecutor has finally goteen around to reading the depositions and has filed to drop the case. So unless the judge does something weird on Thursday, the criminal part will be over.
    The civil fun is just beginning.

This is good for your civil case. If the prosecutor takes cases to trial, bench or jury, I think it makes it harder to sue civilly even if you get a "Not guilty" verdict. I am sure your attorney is well versed and all, but I know in one county, if the police screwed up, a prosecutor would insert verbiage in the dismissal that the defendant does admit there was probable cause for an arrest and initial charges. I would think this would make it almost impossible to win any sort of civil judgment.

Secondly, I would be filing for internet records, both personal and work, of all the officers involved, if possible. It could be that you became a target for prosecution after someone read your initial post and comments about the officers. Make sure you request all e-mail data during that time as well, and text messages from personal and business cell phones. Getting a "i want to screw this guy over" would be a huge win for your side.

adventures47129

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Clarksville
    I am so happy for you, Bill. I know I as well as most on here could see this happening to all of us. I do pray that your Civil Suit goes on and kicks the a** of the town and the police involved. I do support LEO's for doing a very dangerous job but some times... even they need to be taught a lesson. God Bless you and your family for being put through this.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    DONE!!!!

The criminal charges have been dismissed:rockwoot:
    The no contact order has been recalled:rockwoot:
    I can carry again:D
    I have signed copies of both orders in my fat hot grubby little paws.
    Now to work on suing the H@@@ outta some people.

Thanks to everyone for their support:ingo:
    I'll see some of you on the 16th.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    The criminal charges have been dismissed:rockwoot:
    The no contact order has been recalled:rockwoot:
    I can carry again:D
    I have signed copies of both orders in my fat hot grubby little paws.
    Now to work on suing the H@@@ outta some people.

Thanks to everyone for their support:ingo:
    I'll see some of you on the 16th.

Congrats. It is slow coming, but nice that you have your rights restored. :rolleyes:

Kick their ass in court.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side

Congrats! Hope you eventually find relief for all the time, $$$, and stress. What a friggin headache.

Congrats. It is slow coming, but nice that you have your rights restored. :rolleyes:

Kick their ass in court.

Congratulation, Bill! Glad to hear that everything is going your way.

Congrats!!!!!!!!!

INGunGuy

Congrads! Very happy for you!

:yesway: Good for you!!

:rockwoot: Congrats! Glad this part worked out. Hope the civil segment can work out in your favor as well.

+1

Top Bottom