Saiga the new cult following around here?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    The Saiga 12 has been beckoning to me for quite a while now and
    I believe it will be my next purchase.
    I can hear it whispering when I look at the pictures..... "printcraft...printcraft.... you know you want meeeeeeeeee..."
    It's the only thing on my current wants list.
    :yesway:

What's a Saiga????:dunno:

SegaGenesis1.jpg

:D

Last edited:

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    LOL. Actually, the Saiga is a type of antelope native to Russia, and quite possibly one of the most homely beasts to walk on four legs.

S_tatarica2.jpg

Saiga.jpg

The Russkies pronounce the name s-EYE-guh, but it's more commonly pronounced "just like the game system" over here. :)

You forgot to end your post with "Norm pronounced Namy".

Well now, that is a little less of a little known fact now Cliffy. (In my best Baston accent.)

Juggernaut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2010
    Owosso Mi
    Like all Cults, this one will end badly too.

Funny, the only gun to go down at Suarez Shotgun gun fighting last weekend was an 870!!!:patriot:

Saigas are CRAZY... like them there fandangled color TV's.....
    What do ya need a color TV for??

Mha wheelgun and pump is All I'll ever need!!

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Love my Saiga 12... accidentally put a MD Arms V Plug in her for last weekends NWI shoot and made all present very disappointed... gotta stop reading forums and manufacturers gemicks... she's all back the way she came now... and going to a range this sunday to make sure she is back performing as well as she was straight out the box... before my little mishap with the V-plug... Best semi 12 G out there...

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Weird! I put a V-plug in my S12 a 2 or 3 weeks ago, and really like it.

Low brass now runs 100%, which it wouldnt before. I think the thing about the V-plug that can cause issues is the setup is kind of confusing at first. Low brass will only function in mine on the biggest setting. Once I went down one setting, it wouldnt eject. So if you dont have the V-plug in the right position, it could cause you issues. It could also cause problems if you dont have all of your gas ports exposed/drilled. The thing I like about is, once properly located, changing gas settings is EASY.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I loved the ease of changing the setting but in all 5 positions it wouldn't extract the empty anymore no matter if I put slugs, 00, or AA birdshot loads in it. Mind you straight out of the box it cycled all of the same loads without any fumbling with the plug... I just figured MD Arms had them on sale and on saiga12's forum they were saying it was a good upgrade to do... maybe my gas ports are further off than most, not sure as of yet... got more to learn about this firearm yet..

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Well I'm gonna try it out back at factory specs this sunday and if it works fine again then I'll just call MD Arms for tech support.. I've heard nothing but good things about the company so maybe they will have a idea of whats up... I also noticed that thier drum doesn't require any fitting according to thier instructions, but to fit my saiga it required the left and right sides in the front of the mag to be made slimmer and then it fit like a glove which they thought was strange or irregular... so maybe this one has a few out of spec probs from the factory... not sure till I get in with a group of you saiga shooters to compare things and of course learn as much as I can from your experience...

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I also noticed that thier drum doesn't require any fitting according to thier instructions,

oh, mine required fitting, but Im positive the instructions said I would have to fit it to my saiga by either filing the front lip or the rear locking lug. There is even a youtube video on how to fit it.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I loved my Saiga 12 but I am going to put it up for sale soon, I am going thru a "non-tactical" phase and this thing is the definition of "Overkill".

I think... I just dont NEED that much lead thrown down range that fast :)

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I loved my Saiga 12 but I am going to put it up for sale soon, ...............

The Saiga 12 has been beckoning to me for quite a while now and
    I believe it will be my next purchase.
    I can hear it whispering when I look at the pictures..... "printcraft...printcraft.... you know you want meeeeeeeeee..."
    It's the only thing on my current wants list.

:whistle:

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    So I know that I am a little behind the curve, but I just recently found these things and I LOVE the idea. The only problem is that now there is one on my 1500 list... that damn list keeps getting bigger and my funds stay the same. :/

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    good deal on Saiga

The older folks from "I think" J and J firearms has great deals on thiers at the 1500. They are the ones who have Saigas lined up the table.

:twocents:

Top Bottom