Saiga the new cult following around here?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Is it just me or are Saiga mag fed shotguns the new Mosin Nagant of INGO cult followings. I am sure my therapist would say that it is just because I have been enlightened to them and I just haven't consciously admitted to myself yet that I have a tunnel vision like fascination with them. For the couple of years I have been on INGO I have enjoyed the almost underground, subculture within the gun culture, of Mosin Nagant enthusiasts. I now catch myself feeling that same vibe when reading the seemingly more numerous Saiga threads popping up. I am dying to get my hands on a mag fed semi auto 12g shotgun with the same fervor I once felt for all things WW2.
    I see our time is up, the therapy session has to now come to a close.
    Your thoughts.....is it just me or are there more Saiga (and similar shottys) threads popping up theses days?
    :dunno::ingo:

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    My name is ArmedProgrammer...and I'm a Saigaholic...

I can't pass by Scottsburg Ace hardware without stopping to check out the Saigas...

Something about throwing that much lead around, that fast...

Started by converting the 410 as a practice piece. Now have a 12 and I'm gathering the parts for that conversion. Hey mammynun - we'll have to compare results. I just ordered the Chaos rail with sights this morning myself!

Gotta be careful or the Accounting Department will stage an Intervention - or is it an exorcism?? :D

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I can't pass by Scottsburg Ace hardware without stopping to check out the Saigas...

That'swhere I bought mine! I drove up from New Albany; I could have got it $30 cheaper in Frankfrt, KY, but I would have eaten most of that in gas and IN might as well get the tax. Oh, it also allowed me to stop by the range in Henryville on the way home! :rockwoot:

sartwell

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    New Haven
    What did you convert it into?

I would love to have a Saiga. How accurate are they?
    I converted to this.
    IMG_0767.jpg

From this.
    IMG_0600.jpg

It's as accurate as I am. :D

Top Bottom