• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dcary7

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    East Coast
    It's pretty well been said before, but i'll add my thoughts in too. I currently own a S&W Sigma 40. Great shooting gun. Never FTF, FTE on me. Too big to comfortably CC really. I actually have a waist band that hides it in the small of my back pretty well, but other than that is too bulky to comfortably carry. The trigger is.. as said.. mehh. Honestly you get used to it rather quickly. I'm as accurate with it in my dominant hand as any other gun. Now my weaker hand I tend to pull it a bit and for that reason alone have my qualms with it...oh that and the inconvenience of trying to add any accessories to it.
    Is it a good first gun? yes.
    Is it accurate and reliable? yes.
    Would I buy another? No, id pony up the extra cash and get a glock or springfield.

All in all, its not a BAD gun as people make it out to be, but.. you get what you pay for really.

rwbrown

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2009
    i bought a new sigma 9mm and went to the shooting range with my son who owns an xd 9mm i shot both pistols the xd was far more accurate i sold the sigma and bought an xd its well worth the extra money

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have shot a friend's Sigma a few different times at the range. I hate, hate, hate the trigger. Other than that, the gun seems to take all the 9 it can eat and seems to be accurate and reliable.

I just can't get used to the long, varying trigger pull. If you're just looking for a plinker, it may be fine, but I don't vote for it as a carry weapon.

As always, just my :twocents:

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    i own several s&w so i may be a little bias.
    but most people that have a problem with the sigma have heard from a friends friend that the sigma is terrible
    shoot one for yourself with the rebate and two free mags hard to pass up
    i have not ever had a problem with mine :twocents:

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    If you can only afford $300.00 get two Hi-Points

I've got HiPoint you can buy. 300 flawless rounds through it.

Had one that had over 1,000 through it with no issues either.

Hell maybe I should get the Sigma:D

(BTW did you read the part where I bought the Ruger???)

Glockman1989

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Don't like the S&W; not been around as much as the Glock. The P95 may be a good gun, but its as ugly as homemade sin. I would much prefer an FNH or a PT 24/7. :)

Sdixon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Wayne county
    I had a sigma in 40 cal. Now this was Circa 1997 so I'm sure things have improved but it was never very reliable. That is one weapon I never lost any sleep over selling. From what I have heard Smith and Wesson has cleaned things up since then. I would say if it feels good in hand and the price is right go for it!

AF92venger

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    NE of Indy, but not too far!
    I really like the Sigma's, ONLY because the SW40VE was me very first gun. Will I buy another? Probably not, unless I got it for like $200.00!! LoL... My stepfather has a P95DC and I have shot it a LOT. I love everything about it. It also has a de-cocker, which is always nice to have.

((Glocks have came down a LOT on price, so I would reccomend to buy a Glock if you can find one for a decent price.)) Thats my $0.02

Top Bottom