• UltraRick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Georgetown
    I'm talking a brand new one.

Do they mak e a decent carry peice?

Will they conceal better than a Ruger P95?

Kinda tron between the 2 with Britton's sale and all.

I have a 9mm Sigma and enjoy shooting it. I do carry a Glock 26 though due to the smaller size. I have had no issues with my Sigma and keep it loaded and backed up with another magazine for home defense if the Glock is not enough. :cool:

A_Tomic

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Orland, IN
    Go with the Ruger P95

I have a P95, my brother has (or had) a sigma 9. I would out shoot him every time with the P95. I even tried to see if I could shoot his sigma 9 any better and I couldnt, I would have had to go through 500 rounds of practice to get use to that trigger.
    He traded it for an XDM 9mm (nice gun).
    For the money the P95 is a good gun, and I have shot both.
    I dont believe I would buy a sigma after seeing first hand how they shoot.

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    My opinion, get a Ruger P89. Or a P95 if you want a polymer gun. But stay away from the Sigmas, they are shady. Some work....others well.....no.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    From what I have read, and from the people I have talked to. The Sigma series is junk. I would go with an M&P, they are solid accurate pistols. I have never been a fan of Ruger pistols, and still would never own one. Just my :twocents:

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    I know nothing about the sigma. I do have a p95 with the decocker feature though. I don't have much to say about it that hasn't already been said though. It's dependable and more accurate than i am. I have no problems concealing it either IWB or OWB with a t shirt. My only complaint about it is that i don't like the DA pull in comparison to the SA. I plan on getting rid of it for a g19 sometime here soon.

andrewheath

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The SW Sigma is going to be a little smaller than the Ruger P95. However the Ruger is going to have a better trigger in both DA and SA. I've shot both firearms. I wish I hadn't sold my P95. Great shooter. Both of them can be concealed well with the right rig.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I am not a fan, i would spend just a hair more and go with an XD, glock or MandP, you will be much much happier in the end and will hold its value much better.... i have had several sigma's come through the shop with issues, having one of the first three come through with issues other than sight replacement or polish jobs is a rarity.

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    This guy seems to think very highly of the SW9VE.

So much so, he says it's better then a Glock.;):rolleyes::D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4RYk68ANrs"]YouTube - SIGMA sw9ve review....glock?[/ame]

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    That was my 1st handgun when I moved to Indiana, it was just me and my boys, limited funds and children to support. Bought it when S&W had the free mags promotion going on-

I never had a issue with the gun, it shot flawlessly, it was accurate, the only real downside was the trigger. However after a day of shooting one could get use to it.

Are there better handguns out there, yes-
    will this accomplish the job, yes-

again, personal preference set aside, because I really dont only shoot one brand of firearm, this is a "budget" friendly piece.
    I trusted mine to do its job and it never let me down!

My :twocents:!

rockydog

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Lake Wawasee Northern IN
    That was my 1st handgun when I moved to Indiana, it was just me and my boys, limited funds and children to support. Bought it when S&W had the free mags promotion going on-

I never had a issue with the gun, it shot flawlessly, it was accurate, the only real downside was the trigger. However after a day of shooting one could get use to it.

Are there better handguns out there, yes-
    will this accomplish the job, yes-

again, personal preference set aside, because I really dont only shoot one brand of firearm, this is a "budget" friendly piece.
    I trusted mine to do its job and it never let me down!

My :twocents:!

I agree with what he said. Terrible trigger (I've had 2 40s, I still have one and my Dad has the other) but It's like alot of DA's. The problem with this gun in my opinion is, they are too nice of a gun for such a crappy trigger. If they had put a good trigger in these, at those prices, it would have changed a lot of things. :twocents:

simpleman44

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    white county
    Ive carried my 9ve for two years now, its comfortable and easy to conceal. The trigger smooths out after a couple of hundred shots, and is very accurate. Ive had zero issues with it, eats what ever ia feed it. And the ergonomics are just great. :twocents:

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    If you are still thinking on getting a Sigma.

Here is an actual review I found. Where this guy gives an honest opinion about the gun.
    By the way if you didn't know yet... there is a SW9VE for sale in the classifieds for like $275 for the gun, box, papers, and two mags. Good Luck.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVwwII9sg0E"]YouTube - Smith & Wesson 9MM Sigma SW9VE Review and Thoughts[/ame]

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    that video is exactly what i have experienced,including the initial concern of no manual safety.

as i noted before, if the price is right then get it.

Ol'Bluesmoke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    Yeah there is that $50 rebate/or two free mag coupon you can get from the S&W website for the Sigma. The triggers are stiff like a DA revolver but not overly difficult to handle. I really love the Ruger P95s and will be buying one soon, the stainless slide version of the 9mm. I have owned them before and found them to be accurate, reliable handguns for very resonable prices. I love em'.

warangelcometh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    NWI
    Do yourself a favor and shoot the Sigma first. You should be able to rent used ones at any gun range. Word is that several people have traded them off for alternatives. I have shot one and didnt' care for it at all. The trigger is the hardest pull I've ever felt on a handgun which leads to poor marksmanship. You literally need to struggle to pull this trigger. I would highly recommend the M&P series. It is a much better firearm - very accurate, nice trigger and feels great in hand.

alwalker84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Indianapolis
    From what I have read, and from the people I have talked to. The Sigma series is junk. I would go with an M&P, they are solid accurate pistols. I have never been a fan of Ruger pistols, and still would never own one. Just my :twocents:

I couldnt have wrote a better reply to every word.

Edit, i was at the range once and the guy next to me was shooting one (brand new) and the front sites popped off while he was shooting....glued?

Every gun I own is a Smith & Wesson, so im giving an honest non bias opion.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom