• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nsolimini

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Ellettsville
    Currently, I have my XDM 40 that I carry every now and then. I need to start carrying full time. I have basically narrowed it down between the two guns stated. Anyone have any input on the two or any recommendations:draw:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I compared both and both would be just fine. I ultimately went with the SW...it was basically a flip of the coin.

tdoom15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Neither. Not a big fan of .380.

IMO, you'd be much better off going with something like a Walther PPS or SW Shield in 9mm. You get a much more capable round with higher capacity in slightly larger frame.

snuffy33

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    140   0   0
    Apr 25, 2008
    Indy
    I chose those two because I really want a revolver. I also like that the lcr has a 357 option

I've shot both the .38 & .357 versions and it's a hand full if you use full power .357 loads. Mid-power .357's are much easier to shoot. If you're going to carry it with .38+p just buy the lighter version and save a 1/4 lb. ;)

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    Neither. Not a big fan of .380.

IMO, you'd be much better off going with something like a Walther PPS or SW Shield in 9mm. You get a much more capable round with higher capacity in slightly larger frame.

Umm, I don't think you know what a LCR is. :rolleyes: One thing about going with a .357 is you can always shoot .38 I had a LCR and liked it, it has a better trigger and seemed to be more compact and lighter.

Last edited:

ike1018

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    haven't shot either, but I fondled them at Bradis the last time I was in there. I really like the LCR trigger, the bodyguard wasn't a big fan of but the longer slimmer grip would probably be easier to conceal & draw with. Didn't like the placement of the button to activate the laser nor the release. What seemed really comfortable to me was the S&W 442. The trigger was heavier but I would probably replace the hammer spring with a Wolff or Wilson 11 lb to solve that, then dry fire the hell out of it. Just bought a SP101 with Wolff springs and made a great trigger even better.

handkaudio

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    I was stuck between these two also, then after looking at them, I picked up the Beretta Nano and was sold on the 9mm over the .380. But I think just out of the two I like the LCR best

tdoom15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I didn't pay attention, I was just thinking bodyguard 380 and lcp. My bad. Statement still stands although there are 2 decent loads for the 38.

Between the two, I prefer the SW.

DFM914

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Avon
    The LCR is lightweight, reliable and easy to carry. Best trigger I have ever experienced on an out of the box revolver. And it's a Ruger, can't go wrong.

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    I haven't shot the S&W Bodyguard so I can't comment on it. But, I own a Ruger LCR .357 magnum and absolutely love it. When shooting .357 magnum ammo it does have a lot of kick, but the grip is padded towards the top and absorbs a lot of it. I practice with .38 sp +P which of course is less expensive.

koenig clone

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    fairmount
    ive got the lcr in 357. hogue tamer grip feels great in the hand. I think its easier on the hand than the crimson trace grip. Its a pleasure to carry. My favorite carry gun now

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    LOL, well maybe I will just skip on the 357 and just stick with the 38+p

Well, I think you'd be much better served with 7 +1 in the Ruger LC9.
    But if you get and LCR ... even if you're only going to carry the 38 +P I'd still get it in the .357 configuration. Primarily because it will be easier to resell when you realize that you made a mistake to go with a revolver.

Top Bottom