• ...and so much more!
  • CoyoteCreekGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    New Palestine, IN
    Group,

I have been looking at both the S&W 442 and 642 and noticed that for $100 or so more they offer a super-tuned model (performance center model without the laser etching of performance center on the firearm). It's stated that the super-tuned model includes the following work:

Hand Stoned Trigger, Hammer Foot & Rebound Seat, Reduced Rebound Spring

A couple of questions. First is the extra $100.00 worth it and second does anyone know the trigger pull weight of the super-tuned model? I cannot find this model on the S&W website. The regular 642 trigger pull seems like it's around 12lbs, but with the super-tuned does that actually go down or just smooth out? This will be a deep conceal gun so I still want a heavy trigger pull but having one that is really smooth would be great too.

Thanks for the help!

SCriswell

Plinker
    Rating - 60%
    3   2   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Your best bet would be to set and dry fire the crap out of it when your watching tv. you Will save a hundred bucks and strengthen your trigger finger as well as build mucle memory. And in the end have a nice action job to boot.

glocker1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    I don't know about thier revolver work, but have you ever handled a M&P pro model? It has an incredible trigger when compared to a "normal" M&P.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I wouldn't think that it'd be worth $100...

You can get a good trigger job done on a J-frame for $50-70.

-J-

devildawg00311

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Se Indy/Wanamaker
    Group,

I have been looking at both the S&W 442 and 642 and noticed that for $100 or so more they offer a super-tuned model (performance center model without the laser etching of performance center on the firearm). It's stated that the super-tuned model includes the following work:

Hand Stoned Trigger, Hammer Foot & Rebound Seat, Reduced Rebound Spring

A couple of questions. First is the extra $100.00 worth it and second does anyone know the trigger pull weight of the super-tuned model? I cannot find this model on the S&W website. The regular 642 trigger pull seems like it's around 12lbs, but with the super-tuned does that actually go down or just smooth out? This will be a deep conceal gun so I still want a heavy trigger pull but having one that is really smooth would be great too.

Thanks for the help!
    I have a 642 and dry firing it is the best way to get a goot pull. I just talked to a gunsmith today that specializes in S&W and he said NEVER have a trigger job done on the 642s. it caused the firing pin to burr and bend causing miss fires. you can do a trigger job on 638s or any .38 with a hammer but not 642 or and other hammerless revolvers.

Top Bottom