• ...and so much more!
  • mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Ok, fellow SWers. (We really need a better nickname.)

My handy dandy franken holster for my 915 is at the end of its lifespan. I prefer IWB, with a retention strap and full trigger coverage. My last one was something I cobbled together by taking a nylon OWB and affixing a belt clip to make it IWB.

For my Glocks, I've really fallen for the DeSantis Dual Carry II.

Anything out there like that for the 915?

You didn't state a price range but I would contact Wright Leather Works and see if they would make you one. I have a couple and they are great holsters and just a tad cheaper than Milt Sparks though I wouldn't call them cheap.

cruiser_styleY_2048x.jpg

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    You didn't state a price range but I would contact Wright Leather Works and see if they would make you one. I have a couple and they are great holsters and just a tad cheaper than Milt Sparks though I wouldn't call them cheap.

Yeah, that's the value proposition. My cheapo DIY thing lasted... about 5 years, I think. My DeSantis holsters look like they'll last something closer to the leather wrapped around my grandfather's Colt Detective Special. A LONG time.

I'm willing to pay a premium for something that'll last, at this point in my life. But, I also don't want to spend a ton when I'm really more utilitarian about it. The gun isn't going to win any beauty contests,* so the holster doesn't need to either.

* For sure, it is a pretty pistol to my eyes, but it has been my mostly EDC for... geez... the better part of 20 years. It has some wear and tear that give it character. It is certainly not a safe queen.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    You stole that one. I found out the Big R in Michigan City gives a 10% discount to vets on firearms. So the chp 4006 would be $378 after tax but the gun would need a bead blast due to the wear.

Old Bear

Greyman Apprentice
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 19, 2016
    Newton County
    0A02j59.jpg

Finally got into the 3rd Gen club. I was looking for a 3913/3914 or a 457, but I found this little jewel for $299 delivered. Not a steal but, it's like new and came with 2 mags and a set of Hogue grips. I'll oil it up and step out back today and run it through it's paces. If everything works as expected, it will be my EDC from now on. I'm happy:rockwoot:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Finally got into the 3rd Gen club. I was looking for a 3913/3914 or a 457, but I found this little jewel for $299 delivered. Not a steal but, it's like new and came with 2 mags and a set of Hogue grips. I'll oil it up and step out back today and run it through it's paces. If everything works as expected, it will be my EDC from now on. I'm happy:rockwoot:

What a great deal for an excellent carry gun!

Wish I had a backyard range!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom