• ...and so much more!
  • 1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Well I tried putting the guts in for a test run friday but ran into an issue. I used my 4506 as reference but once together if you cock the hammer it locks everything up. Not sure if the spurless hammer is the problem or the wrong search as it says Dao on it.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    It's been a yr or two since I stripped any of my smith's. I also got a jackass holster in the works once the guy on the smith forum sends me his mailing address which would go nice with this build.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I guess the wave of buying 3rd gens has slowed. Not much going on gb. Watched a recent 457 sell for more than what I paid and in worse condition with one mag. Seen Southern Ohio guns had 5906 mags on sale for 8.95 if you bought 20 or more. They had less than 40 when I seen it on Friday.

kscessnadriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2017
    Albion
    A 4014?

Dang, you are getting some super low production number variations in your stash!!!!

EDIT: The spreadsheet shows 550 made.

I threw a bid in, fully expecting it to not do a darn thing. Someone had made an opening bid at the opening price, but that was it, $5 got the thing.

Opie

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Evansville
    Also picked up a 4014 this week, must be in the water. I haven't had a 3rd gen in many, many years. My first gun was a 457, and had a couple others sprinkled in there in the mid 90's. I bought this one to dispose of some .40 ammo that I had leftover. I haven't decided if I am going to make it a safe queen and keep it, or shoot this ammo up and trade it off. Only time will tell.....

Glad I found this one, no MIM and in excellent+ condition.

IClVfaU.jpg

rmAwekI.jpg

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Also picked up a 4014 this week, must be in the water. I haven't had a 3rd gen in many, many years. My first gun was a 457, and had a couple others sprinkled in there in the mid 90's. I bought this one to dispose of some .40 ammo that I had leftover. I haven't decided if I am going to make it a safe queen and keep it, or shoot this ammo up and trade it off. Only time will tell.....

Glad I found this one, no MIM and in excellent+ condition.

IClVfaU.jpg

rmAwekI.jpg

:rockwoot:

Top Bottom