• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 10mmfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    finally got a 4506-1 to complement my 4566 1006 and 5906. Won the gunbroker auction and she should be here Wednesday or Thursday to do the transfer paperwork and take it home.

Last edited:

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    the hogue grips and the factory grip and 3 mags instead of 2 and original smith plastic box they used in the 90s. can't wait to shoot it.
    What did you pay if you don't mind me asking? I paid $515 for mine with 2 mags back in March of 2012.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Nice score!
    I was only last week watching "Training Day" for the first time and instantly recognized the gun carried by Denzel Washington as an adjustable sight 4506.
    The other guy watching the movie at the same time commented about how awesome that gun looked and I just smiled and said it doesn't just look​ awesome.

Last edited:

10mmfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    What did you pay if you don't mind me asking? I paid $515 for mine with 2 mags back in March of 2012.

807.69 was the final price plus shipping but it's a pretty nice one. has novaks with dead tritium. I would like to get a second one so I can be cool like denzel in training day with a double shoulder rig.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    807.69 was the final price plus shipping but it's a pretty nice one. has novaks with dead tritium. I would like to get a second one so I can be cool like denzel in training day with a double shoulder rig.

Not bad and I think you could get the tritium relamped. You'll have to post some pics when you get it.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    CS9 - VZ2008; not exactly the same variety of weapon..ha ha!

Even on GunBroker, I don't see too many CS9's or 45's for sale.

Market is just flooded with LE 59xx and 69xx right now. Nice shooters for the price though. Some are pretty darn nice but with my luck I'd get the beat up ones.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    CS9 - VZ2008; not exactly the same variety of weapon..ha ha!

Even on GunBroker, I don't see too many CS9's or 45's for sale.

Market is just flooded with LE 59xx and 69xx right now. Nice shooters for the price though. Some are pretty darn nice but with my luck I'd get the beat up ones.

Yeah but when it comes to trade value I wouldn't trade any of my S&W's I have now. The vz2008 would probably be the only thing I would consider using for the value. For the price I would still grab one even if its a little beat up. Eventually the supply will dry and prices will rise. I more looking at cheap mags for under 20 and spare parts now.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    I figured that was your angle. My pristine 41 mag Ruger Blackhawk need to turn into a S&W product too...

You are a wise man to collect parts. Starting to see dash/pre-mim revolver parts dry up too.

Did you see that complete collection of 10xx's on the S&W forum? Almost got them but was too slow to get the money transfer details nailed down for that much. Darn it....I should have just got in the car and drove there.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I figured that was your angle. My pristine 41 mag Ruger Blackhawk need to turn into a S&W product too...

You are a wise man to collect parts. Starting to see dash/pre-mim revolver parts dry up too.

Did you see that complete collection of 10xx's on the S&W forum? Almost got them but was too slow to get the money transfer details nailed down for that much. Darn it....I should have just got in the car and drove there.

I just logged back on there as I hadn't been there since early April. I need to keep that site up as well. I'm in a holding pattern for buying guns this year as I promised the wife I would stick to it after buying the vz2008. Trades are fine as I have traded for a G19 with a 5946 I paid 350 for (I still have the 5946 I bought from Gander for sub 300 that was made in 2013) and a Yugo SKS that a guy wanted a LCR 38.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Question: Entered the world of 10 mm with a 1006.

The original owners says he put a "light" spring in it years ago to run light loads but never really used the gun. He didn't recall the spring weight so I am just going to replace it. Have not fired it...so I am just assuming its too light...

Most likely the gun will see only limited range use by me with relatively standard loads; won't be maxing out hand loads. Anyone have any experience with spring weights? I am seeing conflicting information on the various forums from 14 to 22 pounds.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Question: Entered the world of 10 mm with a 1006.

The original owners says he put a "light" spring in it years ago to run light loads but never really used the gun. He didn't recall the spring weight so I am just going to replace it. Have not fired it...so I am just assuming its too light...

Most likely the gun will see only limited range use by me with relatively standard loads; won't be maxing out hand loads. Anyone have any experience with spring weights? I am seeing conflicting information on the various forums from 14 to 22 pounds.

Dunno exactly what the weigh rating is on it, but I bought three of these to replace the one that came with my own 1006 (bough new in 1990 and still using the original spring), and they are the original spring that came with all the 1000 series, 4500 series, and the x45 (second gen .45 auto) guns - https://www.midwayusa.com/product/2...s-and-w-1006-1026-4505-4506-4526-4546-645-745
    I can say that my 1006 tends to like mid-range to stout loads, and shooting the neutered garbage seemed to necessitate an unusually firm grip to force the slide to recoil freely to feed the next round, an experience I had with the crap sold as 10mm, but with MV not even quite up to what decent .40 S&W provides.
    I haven't had a single problem with any other ammo, nearly all of which from "rolling my own," and I load to at or near max.

kscessnadriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2017
    Albion
    I picked up a CHP trade-in 4006TSW, and man are these things built like a tank. Not quite as much wear as I expected for a carried gun, but the internals look great, can't wait to go shoot it soon.

mucf4kO.jpg

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I picked up a CHP trade-in 4006TSW, and man are these things built like a tank. Not quite as much wear as I expected for a carried gun, but the internals look great, can't wait to go shoot it soon.

mucf4kO.jpg

I think it looks great. Hopefully you got a good deal on it.

Top Bottom