• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I'm not a 1911 guy, but they look and feel great, and none of my customers have had a bad thing to say about them.

We have all three of these sexy beasts in the shop right now:

108482_01_md.jpg

108485_01_md.jpg

178020_01_md.jpg

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Can someone ejumacate me on what the problem is with external extractors? Other than the fact it doesn't "look like a Colt"...

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I don't know why there's the dislike of the external extractor. Done right, it's very reliable. If disliked because it's not on the original, does one also dislike extended thumb safeties, power bumps on grip safeties and beaver tail grip safeties? If it is just a matter of taste, then great.

gncc600

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Lafayette
    Very Nice! I had one of the first S&W 1911's to come out of the factory. I paid less than $600 for it back then and later came to find out the first ones were hand built in the performance center. It shot like a dream. Wish I hadn't sold it to buy a colt gold cup that shot like crap.

SubUrbanCamo317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    South Side Indy
    Well, I have officially had my heart broken. Reading through this thread makes me both angry and sad. My SW1911 was stolen last week. My FIRST 1911.... Anywho. While I had it I put it through every test I could think of.... and it performed flawlessly. Just as reliable as a Glock, but twice as easy to fall in love with. Mine was the Stainless Tactical model.

SW1911pic1_zps42dbd9fb.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

sun

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Connecticut
    My son has the older model that I like a lot.
    I asked him to give me the first chance to buy it if he ever decides to sell it.
    It's one of the few pistols that I've been able to shoot a little better than him with. :):

SubUrbanCamo317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    South Side Indy
    OMG, that's horrible!! Was your home broken into? Car? What else was swiped? Your family OK?

Family's alright, Im majorly upset/angry. They had the cahones to walk up my driveway and search through my van, for what ever reason they did not take the AR15 that was in the trunk area. My grandfathers S&W model 19 snub nose went missing out of the house the same day. So I think it was someone that knew where the pistols were. I know of many people being jealous of petty things, but if I catch em......

Top Bottom