Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Did he yell "I'm serious" with a constipated look on his face?
    No, it was more like, "One year after the first Russian tanks entered Ukraine, (creepy whisper starts now) Ukraine still stands."

His babbling can be seen here.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Well back to the war itself. The momentum has indeed changed, ever so slightly to the Russians.

The Russians are gaining ground in the east, but at an absolutely horrific cost. For 10kms in places, they are creating massive rivers of blood.

In ONE year, it is estimated that the Russians now have more then 60,000 deaths on their side. The US total in Vietnam was 58,200 for all years. They have also topped the casualties for the Soviets in Afganistan.

As I have said, its good ole Eastern style war.. "here is AK, go that way and make sacrifice for mother Russia, use pointy bullets or bayonet, when you die, leave AK where next guy can find it please".

And yes, it is... sort of working, this damn war is a meatgrinder that will eat any human or weapon of war sent into it. The Ukranians must weather this storm..

No one will win this war, the victor will simply be the one that outlasts the other.. This is why we send them armaments. So they can outlast the Russians, and as much of Ukraine as possible will stay free from Putin's Soviet Russian V2.0. Totalitarinism without the failed economic system.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    It appears to me that Biden is trying his best to goad Putin into striking REAL American interests.
    Bravado does not go well unless you're willing to back it up.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Great piece. Some sobering numbers and facts in there.

He's absolutely right that these bloated, eternal, big ticket procurement programs are absolutely killing us. Largest defense budget in US history and we don't have ammo to shoot out of our existing weapons systems for longer than a couple weeks of actual peer state conflict.

Yeah, but we're ahead on DEI

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Debt service is 14%/$261 billion currently, with 10 year treasuries running at about 3.85%

Total debt is over $31 trillion. To pay off even 5% of that would require repurposing 85.5% of the current federal budget to ONLY that

That would in turn only save us $13 billion, which would be offset in a mere 0.0414% rise in interest rates that we have to pay. Recall that when Greece's ability to repay its debt was doubted the interest it had to pay to roll over loans nearly doubled

If that happened to us, debt service would exceed all other segments of the budget and crowd out a lot of other spending, some of which might actually be needed.
    It would take a 10% cut in the budget, devoted only to debt retirement, to pay off slightly less than 0.6% of the debt in any given year. The numbers are stacked against any realistic repayment strategy

The debt is so high that very little of it can be repaid in any FY and that only through cuts and pain in other areas of spending. Few if any politicians want to make that type of trade off because they want to get re-elected, so they will continue to make bank personally while Rome burns
    Been saying for years we are going down the same road as Rome almost to a “T”. 99% of the time I get dumb look like I don’t know what I’m talking about followed by “it doesn’t matter.” I’ve told and written so much about Rome and the same things we are doing I just quit. Then I read your post and maybe I just found that other 1%….. lol! By the way, in the end Rome burned to the ground but at least the supreme leader pet chicken wasn’t killed, that’s all that mattered to him. True story.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    You don't care that the United States may have engaged in terrorist attacks against civilization infrastructure in order to force Europe into participating in a proxy war? You just...think it's no big deal?
    Key word is your speculative "may". And yet you persist in pushing this as incontrovertible truth in most of your posts.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom