Russia vs Ukraine anyone watching this ignite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.

Didn’t watch the whole things so maybe they end differently than they begin.

I’m the first one to proclaim the factor of defending your homeland is huge.

But there’s no way this ends well.

They are pointing their cardboard cutouts at each other at alarming rate, and that is saying something coming from me.
    They have no idea what is about to run over them, if Putin actually decides too.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

I honestly don't think wooden prop guns are that bad of an idea for basic training of utterly new people who have probably never handled a gun before. You don't need real guns to do basic infantry drills, formations, practicing movement and communication, or simply learning how to move around without flagging each other.

But the hard fact is these people are ground meat against a mechanized unit of the Russian army. They probably wouldn't live long enough to even see the enemy before they got greased by armor or air support.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    I honestly don't think wooden prop guns are that bad of an idea for basic training of utterly new people who have probably never handled a gun before. You don't need real guns to do basic infantry drills, formations, practicing movement and communication, or simply learning how to move around without flagging each other.

But the hard fact is these people are ground meat against a mechanized unit of the Russian army. They probably wouldn't live long enough to even see the enemy before they got greased by armor or air support.
    Totally agree here, and there’s probably good reason to not use live weapons and live ammo; they need both along with all the people left alive that they can get.

In just the parts of the vids I watched they were doing drills that were completely and repeatedly flagging each other, so not sure they’re even trying.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    I suppose that I can hope these videos/images of training the populace are striking a chord with the rest of us.

Don't wait until the enemy is at your door to train up your family/friends/neighbors. Training takes time and repetition.
    START EARLY AND OFTEN.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Totally agree here, and there’s probably good reason to not use live weapons and live ammo; they need both along with all the people left alive that they can get.

In just the parts of the vids I watched they were doing drills that were completely and repeatedly flagging each other, so not sure they’re even trying.
    Looked like they were practicing some super basic stuff in a line. I wouldn't really count that as flagging, not at the "let's talk about just freaking holding it" stage. But it doesn't look like how an American advisor would run things, at least by my guess.

Were I personally in charge of planning, I'd be more focused on doing familiarization with these people, getting weapons into their hands, and then shredding all militia/reserve records and telling those people to stash their guns and hunker down. They won't do any good getting slaughtered out in the Ukrainian countryside. Have them play submissive civilian and let the Russians roll by until it's time to start shooting the Russian rear echelons and support troops in the back.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Looked like they were practicing some super basic stuff in a line. I wouldn't really count that as flagging, not at the "let's talk about just freaking holding it" stage. But it doesn't look like how an American advisor would run things, at least by my guess.

Were I personally in charge of planning, I'd be more focused on doing familiarization with these people, getting weapons into their hands, and then shredding all militia/reserve records and telling those people to stash their guns and hunker down. They won't do any good getting slaughtered out in the Ukrainian countryside. Have them play submissive civilian and let the Russians roll by until it's time to start shooting the Russian rear echelons and support troops in the back.
    In the middle video that bw posted there are 2 lines of people, they flag front to back, side to side, all the ways from my vantage point.
    But I agree with you in general.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

I think Sun Tzu would approve of this strategy.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I have yet to figure out how any of this bull**** is our issue.

obiden should do the world a favor and expedite his departure to Hell.
    We don`t live in a vacuum my friend. If we ignore the plight of our friends and potential friends and ally's, we`ll shortly find ourselves surrounded by despots, tyrants, and mad men who mean to do us harm.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

It's a brilliant idea. As is putting out the video many days in advance. Show's Vlad (and the rest of the world,) who he will be killing, when the invasion happens. Hearts and minds...

They show women and kids training to fight, so that they'll know what to do with the weapons picked up off the ground. Right out of Afghanistan in the 80's. Remember who won that one?

Kelly's right about Sun Tsu.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    It's a brilliant idea. As is putting out the video many days in advance. Show's Vlad (and the rest of the world,) who he will be killing, when the invasion happens. Hearts and minds...

They show women and kids training to fight, so that they'll know what to do with the weapons picked up off the ground. Right out of Afghanistan in the 80's. Remember who won that one?

Kelly's right about Sun Tsu.
    Not that they wouldn't still...mostly get slaughtered. The Russians have lots of practice with insurgencies and they legitimately do not give a crap about slaughtering people who look like them and speak their language. But they'd still fare better than getting eaten alive by the mechanized, combined arms spearhead of an invasion. That job is for the trained army guys equipped with Javelins and modern comms and a couple years experience fighting in the east of the country already.

There is still reason to hope none of this happens. If nothing else, it's been too long in the works and too obviously telegraphed. The Russians are cleverer than this. I want to believe that if they actually intended an invasion, they would engage in enough misdirection and subterfuge that our media (who are, in fact, the dumbest people alive) would be caught completely off guard rather than hyping it up for weeks on end. Eastern Ukraine is not valuable like Crimea is. Russia's interest is avoiding a NATO partner or EU member parked on their border and filled up with missiles.

But one way or another Russia is not going to let that happen. It would be like America letting Canada join the Warsaw Pact 40 years ago.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom