Russia vs Ukraine anyone watching this ignite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Russian-dominated Soviet Union grew into one of the world’s most powerful and influential states and eventually encompassed 15 republics—Russia, Ukraine, Georgia, Belorussia, Uzbekistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia. In 1991, the Soviet Union was dissolved following the collapse of its communist government.
    That's a lot of countries / puppet governments. If this is Putin's true goal, then IMHO he will most likely bring Russia to ruins trying to do it.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    With oil prices jumping to almost $114 a barrel, Russia is making a profit more than they have in the past. US is still buying 500,000+ barrels of Russian oil a day thats over 57 million dollars a day. That's 5.77 billion Rubles.

Doesn't look like that is going to slow down either.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So.....Is Putin attempting to re-create the USSR? Maybe. I have heard rumors (admittedly it's possibly propaganda) that Putin has some serious health issues that are either effecting his decision making abilities...OR...he wants to restore Russia to his perception of USSR glory before he passes since he could have something terminal. I really hope it's not that last one...as that gives him nothing to loose.

If he is trying to rebuild the USSR, what other countries would he need to invade? I don't recall all the parts of the world the USSR oppressed.
    Pretty much everything east of Germany, Austria and Italy and south of the Scandinavian countries - including the eastern half of what is the current Germany as well

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey

Doesn't look like that is going to slow down either.

I really hate to quote CNN, but in that article, they say,
    "Though the US consumes very little Russian oil -- oil imports from Russia stood at just 90,000 barrels per day in December"

So I don't know what to think. Guess I need to do a little research, but we shouldn't be buying a drop of Russian oil. Also in the CNN article, they quote psaki saying biden is very concerned with what Americans pay for gas. All the while doing everything they can to limit US production. **** them and the donkey they rode in on. Lying bastards.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I really hate to quote CNN, but in that article, they say,
    "Though the US consumes very little Russian oil -- oil imports from Russia stood at just 90,000 barrels per day in December"

So I don't know what to think. Guess I need to do a little research, but we shouldn't be buying a drop of Russian oil. Also in the CNN article, they quote psaki saying biden is very concerned with what Americans pay for gas. All the while doing everything they can to limit US production. **** them and the donkey they rode in on. Lying bastards.

They tell these lies and people actually believe them. A few days back I was at the Dr.s office listening to 2 guys go back and forth and the 1 just kept saying over and over how the president has no effect on the price of gas or anything for that matter. This went on for at least 10 min before he said he could care less he drives a company vehicle so it doesn't bother him at all. :ugh:

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    With oil prices jumping to almost $114 a barrel, Russia is making a profit more than they have in the past. US is still buying 500,000+ barrels of Russian oil a day thats over 57 million dollars a day. That's 5.77 billion Rubles.
    If only American had a home grown product, they were up to their ears in (pun intended) that we could turn into a fuel.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    If only American had a home grown product, they were up to their ears in (pun intended) that we could turn into a fuel.

I'm picking up what you're putting down. That's an option that Idk, 20yrs ago was blossoming as the next big step in cleaner energy. Funny we don't hear much about it these days.
    Maybe that's an option. Also, we need to do more of our own oil production.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom