• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Bah! I've got 1911s over a hundred years old and they don't rattle, we'll see how many Glocks are still around in 2112.

tommy-t

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    I watched a video on youtube of the SR1911 after 2000rnds and just as tight as when he bought it, who knows maybe i'm being to paranoid about the whole thing. Just thought this supposed to be a mid-level gun without those problems, Guess i was wrong !! Anyone else out there with a Ruger SR1911 ?

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    The current 1911 mid level offerings are all lacking for an experienced 1911 shooter.
    Shoot the gun you have and enjoy it as it is.
    Since you asked your particular question I'll assume it's probably your first 1911.
    Don't upgrade this gun just yet. Shoot it awhile and the bug will bite you from behind and you'll be stepping up to the next level on your 1911. And don't feed them after midnight or get them wet.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I watched a video on youtube of the SR1911 after 2000rnds and just as tight as when he bought it, who knows maybe i'm being to paranoid about the whole thing. Just thought this supposed to be a mid-level gun without those problems, Guess i was wrong !! Anyone else out there with a Ruger SR1911 ?

CM, is a 1911 guru, if you are close, he will look at it for you .....

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Me.
    No rattles before I worked it over. Even less now.....:):

tommy-t

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    Is this something i'm going to have to spend alot of money on to fix or should i just ship it down the line ?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Is this something i'm going to have to spend alot of money on to fix or should i just ship it down the line ?

Call Ruger direct. They will take care of you.

If not there are several very qualified members that can steer you in a given direction and or take care of the issues.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    What i don't understand is the gun is pretty new with prob 200rnds down pipe, thats just getting broke in in my book but rattles like its had way more than that thru it . Maybe i should of bought a Kimber

There's your problem. The damn thing should have came with a barrel not a pipe. Get it fixed.

Top Bottom