• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deanald2pt0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    NW Indy
    I might be late to the game, but here's my two cents. As many others have said it's a little large/heavy side for a snubby, but it's built like a tank and can take a beating.

I love mine, it shoots great and used to be what I carried daily. I only stopped carrying it becuause I realize I wanted something with a larger capacity and the ability to reload quicker.

Everytime I had it on me when going to the 1500 I normally had a few people ask if I was selling it. Seems they are pretty popular.

Gun Fan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    5771.jpg

I so want one of these! :)

JBI812

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    East side Indianapol
    I have one in 22 LR and 327 Federal and love em both. I tell folks its my favorite handgun with 3" Bbl. But, its to light to shoot 357 or 38 Spl. The stubby is even worse.

pleiades

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    LUV!!! I have a 4" .22, 3" .327 and 2" .38 Carry one of them all the time. Next purchase will be a .357

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    I'm also in the market for the SP101 in 357, 3" barrel. I saw four at the Tipton gun and knife show today (3 used, 1 new). Two of the used ones were cosmetically in pretty bad shape. The third used one was in good shape, but the seller wanted $480 for it, which is almost NIB price from what I have seen. The new one had Crimson Trace grips on it, which would be ok, but really bumped the price ($637 I think) up out of my range.

The search continues.

Sling

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I purchased my 2.25" in .357 in December of 1994...and it has been one of my primary EDC pistols since then! In May 2009...I lost 2 jobs within 5 working days and we had to sell just about every gun we had to survive that summer. The SP101 was the one (1) PD gun I kept! My wife kept her 2.25" SP101 in .38 Special! I shot mine again today...158 grain Hornady JHP's..stinkin' accurate as heck! Wouldn't trade it for the world! Highly recommend the little powerhouse!

I purchased a 4" SP101 in .22lr nearly 2 years ago...and it has quickly become one of my favorite revolvers! It's VERY accurate, fun, and inexpensive to shoot!

Check out www.gemini-customs.com/ The SP101 is the mainstay of his business!

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Are there aftermarket wooden grip panels available for these. The only guns I have seen firsthand have had the black plastic inserts.

Thanks,

Sling

JBI812

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    East side Indianapol
    Yes grip panels are available although not many sources.

Try Altomont Grips in Illinois...... maybe I've spells the name wrong. But, I have new panels for my SP101 & GP100. The grip is rubber. The plastic panel pops out and the new panels is inserted. Don't get the peril panel. I have them and it looks like a pimps handgun.

mjblazor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 28, 2011
    holster for 3" sp101

I bought the 3 inch version to carry. It was accurate and shot great. It was really hard to find a nice concealed carry holster for the 3 inch. I found one that was pretty nice but it was a little too big to be comfortable. I wish I had bought the 2 inch.

Get a Remora.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Yes grip panels are available although not many sources.

Try Altomont Grips in Illinois...... maybe I've spells the name wrong. But, I have new panels for my SP101 & GP100. The grip is rubber. The plastic panel pops out and the new panels is inserted. Don't get the peril panel. I have them and it looks like a pimps handgun.

Thanks JBI, I'll look into them. I don't think I would like the pearl either, but some nice wood would set this thing off. There are a couple of pictures earlier in this thread that looked like they had factory wooden grips. I wonder if a set could be ordered directly from Ruger...:dunno:

Thanks again

Sling

Top Bottom