• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pmorriso

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    Anyone have much experience with the 9mm version? I've been looking for one for a while but have yet to handle one. If so how do you like the moon clips? I've handled the .357 and love the feel. Can't beat a Ruger!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    My sp101 is my favorite out of a dozen different pistols I own. even the cons are pros to me. The weight is the only legitimate complaint, and it is a pro if you are shooting .357's. It's a great gun.

echoagain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    I've owned one in .357 for a long time. I can't bring myself to get rid of it, but I'm not quite sure what 'niche' it fills. For me, it's too heavy for an ideal CCW. For open carry or home defense, I just can't see the point in limiting myself to only five rounds. I plan to keep it, but I wouldn't buy it if I had to do it over again.

addictedhealer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Monroe County
    Probably the greatest small wheel gun in all of history. My next gun, and yes I have shot one many times. I shot that revolver better than my semi autos and a hell of a lot better than my lcr.

mjblazor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 28, 2011
    I had and traded an sp101 3" for a 2.75 blued speed six. I since traded that for a GP101 3" which just felt better. Now I've gone full circle and want to get another sp101. Probably the 2" snubbie but I won't get rid of the 3" GP. That is a great gun and goes well with my Henry .357 rifle. I love the ruger wheel guns.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Anyone have much experience with the 9mm version? I've been looking for one for a while but have yet to handle one. If so how do you like the moon clips? I've handled the .357 and love the feel. Can't beat a Ruger!

No such animal as one in 9mm, unless it was previous years.
    Currently comes in 22lr, 357mag and 38spl +P

Just bought a used 3" in 357mag, only thing that didn't work for me was the factory grips, put on a Hogue Mongrip and now love it. Factory grips was too small for me.

Top Bottom