• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dispatch765

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Brown County
    Ok so I used to have a Glock 22. I loved that gun. I sold it cause I "needed the money" Regreted it ever since. Anyway, I am looking to buy a new gun. I can't afford a Glock ,so my wife tells me, (happy wife, happy lilfe) I am looking at the Ruger P95 Decocker model. I know it won't compare to the Glock but what does everyone think of it?

CyberGuyPR

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    NWI
    There was a similar thread a week or two ago about a P90. The concensus is that the P line is great and highly reliable. The possible downside is that they are built like a tank and therefore very heavy. I have a P95 DC with a Galco Cop as my winter carry and absolutely love it. Zero problems after 2000+ rounds.

concrete dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Goshen
    same here

There was a similar thread a week or two ago about a P90. The concensus is that the P line is great and highly reliable. The possible downside is that they are built like a tank and therefore very heavy. I have a P95 DC with a Galco Cop as my winter carry and absolutely love it. Zero problems after 2000+ rounds.
    i would have to agree i sold my p90 for money years ago,but man was it nice.they can be a little heavy but never had any trouble with ftf.:yesway:

mdroz3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2009
    Walkerton
    I have a p95dc as my house gun. It is the gun I tought my wife to shoot with. We have had it for 8 years and Love it. I have NEVER had a jam for malfuction when i was useing Ruger Mags. Appearently Rugers like Ruger mags.
    It is a heavy gun for concealed carry. but get a nice holster and it will work fine.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    I have one and i like it a lot. It's a little on the bulky side but it's really not too bad. It's nice and accurate and shoots whatever i put through it. You can't really beat it for the money. It's my carry gun about 50% of the time whenever i carry OWB.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    Mooresville
    I use to have a p95DC and it was a great gun it was smooth as can be, I carried it for around 3 years and put god knows how many rounds through it. I found that it was extremly reliable never had any problems with it. It was easy to take apart and always would clean up like new.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Chunky but fits my hand very nicely. Reliable and very reasonably priced.

I much prefer the DC model over the others (safeties that go "up" bother me).

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    I like ours, shoots as good as my XD9 5".....Had some fail to fires but I think it was the WWB...not sure yet. 500 rounds down the pipe so far.

Top Bottom