• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    I'd say still a little to high. They are good reliable guns that are built like tanks, long DA trigger pull though. I traded mine off for a smaller carry gun but would by one in the future just because how rugged they are. All in all if he lowers to $375 I'd buy.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Rugged, reliable, accurate enough. Mine never malfunctioned. Felt like a 2x4 in my hand, but it always worked.

remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I had one, bought it used with unknown round count, very clean though. heavy trigger and liked to jam ALOT. maybe crap ammo, user error, the wind... all I know is that I got rid of it asap. This was 10 years ago, it was fairly new. I have not followed Ruger since. I have heard similar stories from friends that had ruger autos of the same era. I hope they fixed it.:twocents:

seamusalaska

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    East Central IN
    If memory serves me right, my wife had the DC version. She had zero FTFs and it was one of her favorites. All the usuals apply: clean thoroughly when you first get it, check your magazines for flaws, see which ammo works for you. They are tough and durable. With the extras, $400 doesn't sound too unreasonable to me.

CyberGuyPR

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    NWI
    My first gun 12 years ago was a P89 which I regret selling. When things improve I may look into one just for the nostalgia. Super reliable after several thousand rounds. Only had issues with some crappy reloads. It ate everything else I threw at it.

Top Bottom